Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had the chance to visit Naked City and I think this sums it up :rockin:

Beer: Great selection on tap and the list was updated as soon as there was a change in what was on tap. I also enjoyed the beer menu placed on all of the tables that listed what was on tap and what's coming up. I'm a Tap House Grill regular and am getting sick of hearing "we don't have that" when its on the menu. The Local Hero and the Dubbel were top notch.

Food: I'm not a vegetarian but my girlfriend is. Most restaurants only offer one or two vegetarian options and after a few trips she's bored with the menu. Having so many vegetarian options, an awesome menu for the meat eater including the buffalo chicken sandwich and not serving 2x the food the average person needs was perfect!

I was just at the Booneville Beer fest and while there was talking with a girl that I have met in the past. She mentioned that she had moved to Seattle from here and started working with a brewery. I asked which one.

Naked City.

I was like, hey, that guy is on a forum that I belong to.

HBT she says

Yeah! That's it.

So needless to say, just another connection in this great puzzle of life.

You guys have NO idea how homesick this thread makes me.

<pouts> and ponders his sorrowful life in the SF bay area.

I just found this thread and am marking it as a must visit destination on my next Seattle trip. I will also tell all my buddies that are up there to check it out.

Awesome! I just read the thread and it was awesome to see the progress. Good work. I'm in Seattle a lot for work, so I'll be sure to stop by. Who do I ask for (or should I just ask for Brewtopia?) to say hey and shake the hand of the man living the dream?

How's business been?

Awesome! I just read the thread and it was awesome to see the progress. Good work. I'm in Seattle a lot for work, so I'll be sure to stop by. Who do I ask for (or should I just ask for Brewtopia?) to say hey and shake the hand of the man living the dream?

How's business been?

You can ask for Brewtopia, or ask for Don Webb. (Same guy :) )
Let him know you found out about the place on HBT.

I'll answer to just about anything. :) Seriously though, be sure and introduce yourself. It's very cool to meet fellow HBT members! :mug:

You can ask for Brewtopia, or ask for Don Webb. (Same guy :) )
Let him know you found out about the place on HBT.

The wife and I booked a cabin on the Puget Sound for the end of June. Will stop by if we get into Seattle.

i just have a quick question for you, what do you do about water treatment? i assume your on city water did u have to install a filtration system or something? just something i've always wondered about brewpubs and micro's etc.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread! The place looks awesome. I'm moving out to Seattle in July. I'll definitely be stopping by!

I habitually haunt Naked City, and just wanted to plug it as one of the greatest places in the city.

I think I need to round up some drinking friends and make a pilgrimage.

Yaaaagh. Why is it I go to Seattle 4 times in Nov/Dec 2008 and now that I know about the Naked City there's no trip in sight?!!

I'll tell you what I want--I want to buy that bar/restaurant in Fisherman's Terminal (the nicer one, not the more bar-like one), and make it a brewpub...not to compete or anything...just an awesome location.

The brewery is almost complete.

IMG_0101.jpg

Are you pilot/contract brewing elsewhere? I have read most of this thread and didn't see it from what I remember.

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Seattle and Naked City was without a doubt one of the best brewpubs we have ever encountered. Two of my pub pet peeves is when there is no beer list and when the staff doesn't know crap about beer. Brewtopia's place had neither issue. The staff was amazing and the beer list was on every table. But Brewtopia goes even further and lists the next beer on deck after a keg blows. If I was a local that would really keep me interest in anticipation for the next keg. My wife and I went twice and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. Really enjoyed the Naked City Dubbel and fell in love with the New Belgium Love sour ale. What a great selection and a great time. The only downside was that our schedule only allow us to go later in the evening and Brewtopia was already gone. Wish we could have meet you Don, but regardless we had a great time. If I could talk you into a Montana franchise I would the be happiest man alive :). Thanks.

0629092141c.jpg

Bummer, I'm sorry I missed you. I've been getting in early the past several days to work on the brewery so I haven't been staying quite as late. That, and I went out of town this last Friday. I'm so glad you had a pleasant experience at Naked City. Hopefully you'll make it back through one day and I can buy you a beer. Cheers, and thanks again!!!

Are you pilot/contract brewing elsewhere? I have read most of this thread and didn't see it from what I remember.

I'm brewing the Naked City Dubbel at Lazy Boy Brewing in Everett, WA right now. I'm also heading up there sometime this week to brew 15 bbls of Hoptrocity. That should hold us over until we can start producing beers in-house within the next few weeks.

Don, I'll be up that way in about a month. I'll definitely make it a priority to get in there. I'll update you with a better time schedule. It's a driving trip and we're planning on leaving LA on Wed. August 5th. We should be in Seattle a couple days after that and around for about a week. I'll bring up some homebrew to share, hopefully something that wins an award in a couple weeks.

I just found myself living vicariously through Brewtopia for 35 pages. Time to go back to work in real-life :(

know where i'm going tomorrow. makes it feel personal that you shared with all of us how you built the bar. NEW SPOT! STOKED!

One of the best threads I've read in a long time, and one of the longest. Congrats on the brewpub, and best of luck on the final brewery preparations. I know it's been said already, but you are truly living the dream.

Hopefully I will be in Seattle again sooner or later. I just love the town was there for 13 months before and been back a few times since.
May get to be there for a few months and work on king street station next year.
Will definitely have to stop by and sample some of your lovely beer.

Wow, what a fantastic journey you have shared with all of us. Great to see that you met your goal and are open and running. I wish you all the best and will definately stop by the next time I am in the Pacific Northwest.

Wow- you're there! Do me a big favor, and kiss Brewtopia for me. You can use the tongue, if you want.

Tell him that I'm there in spirit, and remind him that "I knew him when........."
Thanks!

olllo, I have no clue what you do, but I swear that you are a travelling beer drinker or a travelling home brew groupie. Either way, you are living a life slightly elevated from what I am striving for. Lucky! Enjoy though no matter where you go and if you are in Sonoma County, again, drop a line for wine.

Very cool, i gotta get some of my buddy's together and come up and enjoy some drafts. Awesome looking place you guys got going. Cant wait to come check it out.

Latest posts

Back