White Labs WLP575, Belgian yeast blend, opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHollingsworth

Reaction score
Anybody using this? Thoughts? I see it's a blend of Chimay, Westmalle and Achouffe. Is it any good though? Needlessly complex, or tasty and interesting?

I'm starting to put together my yeast order for next month. I'll order before it starts warming up since it'll ship from the UK. Already have Wyeast 1056, 1028, 1098, 1388 and 1968 in house, along with White Labs Burton Ale yeast. The order, so far is for Wyeast 1272, 1318, 3068 and then I'm going to add some Belgians. Was thinking of the Chimay yeast, but saw this blend and thought it sounded interesting. Thoughts?

I've never used that yeast, but if you're looking for a great Belgian yeast, check out Wyeast Ardennes. I used a mix of that and Wyeast Abbey in my last belgian and it came out great.

I used this yeast for the first time. I can't believe how hard my blow off jar is bubbling. I am fermenting at 65° in a refridgerator in the garage and I can hear the bubbling in the house.

Old thread but great yeast. Attenuated and doesn't get stuck. Vanillia clovey. Strong fermented.

I used it for a Tripel a while back. Aged it out and bottled it. Been in the bottle for some time.

Not my favorite yeast. It's okay, but I wouldn't ever call it great. Not sure exactly what it is that I don't love, but I won't bother with it again. Nothing wrong with it or anything, just not my favorite character.

Back