• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

30 Gallon Stainless Fermentor (or Awesome Boil Kettle)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastsecondapex

Reaction score
I am testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in a 30 gallon Vulcan-Hart Stainless Jacketed Steam Kettle. We are moving some things out of a kitchen at one of the restaurants I work with, and this has not been used since they bought the place.

This has a hookup for gas and will require electricity to be used as a boil kettle. It puts out 78000 BTUs in addition to 360* steam coverage if that feature were to be utilized (it will boil 30 gallons of water or wort very quickly and efficiently) but it also has a sloped bottom and a release valve, making it an incredible fermenter as well.

This is a picture of the same model unit, but I won't be able to post any actual pics til Wednesday.

ebaypictures812.jpg

ebaypictures828.jpg

These things are over 4-5k new, but this unit is 35 years old, so let's figure $800.00.

You may want to post the power requirements, dunno if that would run on a residential circuit.

No, you can open it. The walls of the kettle are jacketed and insulated by steam. The walls are about 1 1/4" thick and are hollow in the middle for the steam

Yes, I think it said rated up to 12 psi, it could probably be retrofit for other heat application to run off propane though

Also, I'm willing to transport this for $2.00 per mile from 29607. I'm not sure how much it weighs, but its not real light.

Pm box emptied. The estimated weight is 150-200lbs? The connection looks like 1/2" to 5/8" standard, but could be adapted.

Latest posts

Back