Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm such a nervous wreck running around the house gathering up my brew stuff and checking recipes and whatnot that my husband decided my brewery should be called Worry Wort Brewing. So that's what it is.

started brewing Mr.Beer a few yrs ago, at that time we got my son a dog for his birthday, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, that's how Pembroke Farms Brewing Company got their name.

I have a few different Ideas but I've always wanted to do something with a creative or imaginary twist so right now its the Liquid Figment Brewing Project. I'm also wrestling with AleQuest Brewing, Adventure! Ales, Red Belly Brewing (in honor of Plymouth County's native turtle) Abomination Brewing and Tall Tales as well. I have logos for all of them (can't post em cause I'm at work) but I can't commit to one. What do you guys think?

I've been back and forth with several brewery name ideas. Here's another I came up with last night while playing FF I again (big fan of the series):

angrymage3.jpg

The Mage was awesome in FFI. Just spam nuke. I think I used a fighter, black mage, white mage and ninja.

Classic days of the NES.

Old South Brewing Company...it just conjures up images of swamps, rebel pride, hard working salty people, plantations and a little NOLA Voodoo...

Lived all over the South (God's country), from Talahassee, to Tuscaloosa (college) and finally back to my home state of MS in Hattiesburg. Moved a few years ago to L.A. (Lower Alabama) where I started brewing.

Roll Tide!
V

I decided on Love Brewing after i decided to make t-shirts out of a logo i designed. I wore them to a craft beer fest and everyone though it was an awesome design.
xkqf04.png
Cool logo!

"Trifecta Brewing Co." The logo is a three-headed dog.

Two friends of mine and I were called the "Trifecta" once, as we're always together. The name stuck in my mind, and we'd even throw it around when reuniting saying, "the trifecta is finally back together!"

Though we plan to brew together sometime (we haven't yet...it's just me), we still enjoy the homebrews together.
4457606724_b1f5fb0db9_m.jpg

I really like the cartoony-ness of this one. I hope your labels are just as awesome.

As for me? I named my 'brewery' Caboose Brewing. I've always loved trains and Caboose Brewing Co. sounds nice, so I ran with that.
914-logo.jpg

The Mage was awesome in FFI. Just spam nuke. I think I used a fighter, black mage, white mage and ninja.

Classic days of the NES.

Yep, the old black mage, and still the coolest character of all the FFs...
I still play that game to this day. One time I beat the entire thing with four fighters. It was easy, but not as much fun.

My favorite still to this day is FFVI.

4553_551223267406_41500931_32706038_8141387_n.jpg

This was the first design I did for Abomination, but I don't think abomination works with beer. Unless its Hop-Bomb-Nation?

Hack in Black Brewing. I'm a chaplain at a prison, and in prison yard lingo, I'm a "hack in black." All my beers are going to be named with prison slang terms.

HIBlogo.jpg

Yeah, but Nuke was a level 8 spell and you had to grind a LONG time to get more than 2 or 3 blasts per day. And the last dungeon was so long that you had to conserve so you had enough spell power to kill Chaos.

Yeah, but Nuke was a level 8 spell and you had to grind a LONG time to get more than 2 or 3 blasts per day. And the last dungeon was so long that you had to conserve so you had enough spell power to kill Chaos.

I haven't played that game in probably 15 years, kudos to you. I remember getting through the previous 4 bosses and various dragons were ridiculously difficult.

Have not even brewed my first batch, but am reading through things to get as much knowledge as possible before I start.

Reading some of the stories here made me think...

Being from the Chicago area:

Blago Brew - "It's F'en Golden!" quickly came to mind (more for a beer than a brewery)

I am sure I will come up with something else when I actually get around to brewing beer.

Of course, somebody may have though of it already, but I did not find Blago in a search, and I only read about 25 of the 108 pages of this thread so far.

My last name is Ruby.

So all my brews are...
rubrew-.jpg

I used the " .. " thing because people often pronounced it like U in up.

Sort of looks like Rubber Brew. Just saying. I like the font and being of German heritage, I know how the ".." (umlaut) is supposed to make the vowel sound. Good stuff.

My brewery is Mad Viking Brewing. I'm 25% German but I'm also 50% Norwegian. The Norwegian side of the family is a bit on the nutty side too. Hence the name.

For my brewery name I am what I am. For my meadery name you have to watch the movie Rolemodels to get the reference.

If you name your beers after dogs in the neighborhood you could alwyas stick with that on the brewery. Something like Dog Pound, Kennel, Puppy Mill -OR- go with a name from a famous dog like Rin Tin Tin, Ol' Yeller and Petey (lil' rascles), -OR- with a dog like name like Scruffy Brewing. Here is Wisconsin we have Great Dane brewing http://www.greatdanepub.com/ and III Dachshunds http://3dachshundsbeer.com/

Or, Stray Dog Brewery.

Revolving Door Brewery- Upon moving to NJ, my wife and I hit Manhattan to play tourist. At Rockefeller center, the revolving doors have clear glass walls, which I did not notice, so I slammed into the wall trying to exit the door. I fell down, got a huge welt on my forehead, and added some laughs to everyone's day. My wife thinks it's the funniest thing she's ever seen. Also, I have some cool label ideas with the revolving door. Lastly, I'll likely never brew the same batch twice in a row, so the beer lineup will be a revolving door.

That's exactly what's needed between the bar and the urinal.

I've been toying around with the idea of a "brand" for my homebrews, as I plan to give them a ... but I also have a cat that likes to stand under my feet while I'm busy in the kitchen, then when I look at him, flop down on the floor....

Soon as I saw that, I thought, "Cat Flop."

Named mine Fat Cat Brewery, in 1999. I had a fierce (and overweight) cat from college who would sit in the kitchen window sill and watch me brew/bottle with that distictive cat look of, "You are such an IDIOT!" Zeppelin was his name and pizza and beer were his favorite game. Miss that damn cat.

Pretty sure I'm going with Crooked Walker Brewing.

A play on my last name (Walker) and the state you'll be in after a few too many beers :D

Back