Starter recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stay_Trill

Reaction score
A good tasting one, nothing too hardcore. I plan on doing a 10 gallon batch.

And what would be a good calculator for it? I have seen one that looks really nice just as a website. Not beersmith or anything.

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde is a great one for your first all-grain. I assume that's what you mean by "starter recipe." It's also one of the most popular recipes on this site.

The only software I've used is Brewpal, which I've liked so far. It's for iPad/iPhone/etc. available in the apple app store. It was only a dollar when i got it.

Brew what you like to drink. Just don't make it the extreme version of the style. eg a regular porter vs chocolate coffee toffee etc porter or imperial porter.

The only other recommendation would be to pick something that can be turned around quickly. You'll want some feedback before you brew again, so nothing that requires aging or lagering.

I went with Lil Sparky's Nut Brown, and I (and my brew partners, friends, family) all were VERY happy with it. We subbed to S-05 instead of Notty... only change.

As for calculator, I use Brew Pal. It was $1.99 for iPhone. Great stuff.

Latest posts

Back