So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a variation of my Spiced Nut Brown for a friend's fundraising event...

Also kegging my Black IPA.

I'll be brewing an English Pale Ale partial mash tomorrow. Grains from AHS, but the hops will be my own... My first step into /not/ strictly following a kit... I'm excited :)

Trying my first double brew day tomorrow: Lake Walk Pale Ale (sub Simcoe/Cascade) & Bell's Two-Hearted clone

Not brewing, but I just spent all of about 10 minutes making my first batch of EdWort's Apfelwein.

Then tomorrow or Sunday, I'll bottle my oatmeal stout, my wee heavy, and the RIS that's been aging since May.

I'm going to be brewing what I keep calling a "challenge accepted" beer. American Wheat beer with Ginger and peaches.

Did my brewing on Wednesday. With my random work schedule, the "weekend" doesn't really mean much. Brewed up 10 gallons of Biermuncher's Black Pearl Porter.

Monday will see my first batch bottled, as well as a new one started. Being limited to 1 gal batches sucks but the budget just isn't there to upgrade quite yet. Doing a scaled down version of Airborne's Atonement Brown Porter. Should be nice and finished by the time Fall really gets kicking up here.

Probably throw together a bucket of cider sunday using 7 g juice, 4 lbs dark brown sugar and a pound of d180. Hit that with a nice big starter of 3711 and let it work. Also need to keg/bottle my scotch oaked strong scotch ale and my barleywine.

Brewing a partial mash oatmeal stout, an all grain pumpkin ale, and bottling a bourbon barrel stout. Well that's the plan as of 0900, we shall see how SWMBO takes it.

Wish me luck here HBT, I have an Oktoberfest to bottle, hard tea to bottle, my birthday black iipa to bottle, 2 gallons of cascade ipa to brew, and a 5 gallon SMaSH to brew..

And.......

I plan to try and do this after attending St.Charles MO Oktoberfest this afternoon..lol.

Bitter

Boil Size: 9.04 gal
Post Boil Volume: 7.03 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 6.00 gal
Bottling Volume: 6.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 8.6 SRM
Estimated IBU: 34.6 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 79.1 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
7 lbs 4.0 oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 5 80.5 %
14.1 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 6 9.8 %
14.1 oz Turbinado (10.0 SRM) Sugar 7 9.8 %
2.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.50 %] - Boil 60.0 Hop 8 34.6 IBUs
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Aroma Ste Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04) Yeast 11 -
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 9 -
1.00 ml Lactic Acid (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 4 -
4.00 g Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 1 -
2.00 g Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 mins Water Agent 3 -
2.00 g Epsom Salt (MgSO4) (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 2 -

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, No Mash Out
Total Grain Weight: 9 lbs 0.2 oz
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Mash In Add 16.28 qt of water at 159.3 F 152.0 F 60 min

Sparge: Fly sparge with 6.45 gal water at 168.0 F

Currently boiling KingBrianl's Common Room ESB. Excited about this one, nailed all my numbers, so I know it's going to be nice!

Just bottled a Belgian tripel with NZ Nelson and Motueka dry hop. It's tasting, ah, unique right now. Nelson sure gives a grape aroma that I think has big promise once it mellows a bit.

I am planning on brewing a warrior/amarillo ipa later this evening if my slight hangover subsides...too many homebrews last night!

Brewing up a Bourbon Barrel Coffee Dopplebock as we speak. Just now wrapping up the 120 minute boil. Finishing up my fourth homebrew as well. Fun stuff. :)

Just put Mobly99's Fat Dirty Blonde Honey revised recipe into the fermenter. Mash, boil, sparge all went perfect, nice and clean and efficient.
Sure smells good, anxiously awaiting the tasting.....
Thanks, Mobly99!!!!:mug:

Brewing a pilsner today. Already messed up by not noting the difference between the alphas listed on my fresh Czech Saaz leaf hops (2.4% and the alphas listed by Beersmith for Saaz (4%) -- had to use my aroma hops for bittering and, at that, I will be under the IBU's for the style. Also, way more grain got into the wort than I have ever seen. Argh!

Brewed an AG Hefe yesterday. Mash temps were low. Had gravity flow troubles out of the kettle due to hot break clogging. This morning I got up and the air-lock was full of foam and there was beer all over the lid of the fermentor and the floor. Had to install a blow off tube on the fly into a growler full of brandy! She's still foaming like mad four hours later. I'm hoping for the old, "...it turned out to be the best batch yet" syndrome!

Just got organized and started my water for an IPA using Falconer's Flight Hops... While drinking some Sam Latitude 48 IPA.

Looks like you'll be up late too. I'm chilling 15 gallons of american amber (going to split into three fermenters, 1 with honey, one with white raisins, and one with nothing) and just doughed in on 10 gallons of smoked porter that's going to get PB powder on half and bacon in the other (soaked in vodka and discarded, putting the vodka into the batch).

It's about 90 degrees in my garage after 7 hours of the burner going now though...

no beer brewed this weekend, but i picked about 800 pounds of grapes between this sunday and last sunday. too bad wine takes longer!

Brewed an Extra Special Strong Bitter, based on Jamil's recipe. Pitched a 1768 starter with lots of O2. Full ferment within a few hours of pitching and practically done in less than 48. Starter + O2 FTW!

Also threw some pumpkin spices in my batch of Robust Porter. Should be really tasty!

got today and tomarrow off from work. :rockin: stopped by the brew store about an hour ago and got stuff to make an irish stout either tonight or tomarrow morning. :mug:

Back