How do you exhaust your boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf514921

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you that bew indors, i have the following for an ehaust fan.

100_19791.JPG

and yes it gets vented outside when i brew. the problem i am having is condensation building up on the range hood and driping into the bk. what do you use to exhaust all that steam.

what do you use to exhaust all that steam.

I have a Wolf range hood with an exterior roof mounted commercial fan.
In the winter I don't use it. The house can use the humidity. In the summer I may use it if I feel like it.

The humidity from a boil is not really very much water volume at all.

The condensation is occurring because the inside of the vent pipe is warmer than the outside. Wrap some insulation around your vent pipe to keep the exhaust air warm will help with the condensation. Also in your picture the vent piping is pitched toward your exhaust fan. This will cause any condensation to flow back towards the exhaust fan and eventually wind up in your kettle. Elevate the fan slightly so the exhaust vent has a straight shot to the window. Changing the pitch and insulating the exhaust vent should cure your condensation issues.

The commercial breweries I've visited has a lip or ring on the inside of the vent hood & ducting. As the condensation rolls down the sides it's caught by the lip and routed to a drain.

Latest posts

Back