Scranton/Wilkes Barre home brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChamber2113

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark to see if there are any other home brewers in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area who would be willing to meet up and/or exchange some brews and discuss brewing. Feel free to post or PM me. Hope to hear from you.

Hi. Your post caught my eye. I'll be in the area August 1st through 5th. Flying in so I won't be able to carry any brews with me but will gladly try yours. :)

Going to a family reunion on the 3rd but pretty much free the rest of the time. I'll be traveling with my 21 y/o son. Maybe I can get your number and give you a ring when I'm in town. It's still a ways off but time tends to fly. Would be nice to get away from family for a bit and hang out, talk brew talk. I brew at least once a week and big into experimenting, for better or for worse. Mostly just beer, I love beer. And my son takes after me.

Wyoming valley homebrewers meetings are held the first Monday of the month at 7pm, unless that Monday falls on a holiday then they meet the following Monday at Sabatini's in Exeter.

I have yet to attend, but maybe July will be my first. I will be out of town tomorrow.

http://www.wyomingvalleyhomebrewers.org/

I am the President of the Wyoming Valley Homebrewers Club. We have a meeting tomorrow as mentioned above. You are more than welcome to attend. PM me if interested. It's ALWAYS a good time.

-Ed

BobbiLynn,

we have a meeting the night of August 5th. Not sure when you're leaving town, but we would love to have you there. Let me know.

BobbiLynn,

we have a meeting the night of August 5th. Not sure when you're leaving town, but we would love to have you there. Let me know.

What time? We were planning on taking the late night flight out on the 5th, but still early enough to change plans. Might even be cheaper to fly back out on a Wednesday. I'll have to check the flights and see if the minor change is possible. Any guess how many miles the meeting is from the scranton/wilke-barre airport? I haven't even ordered the tickets yet, watching prices and they seem to be going down. As soon as they start going up again, or hopefully before, I'll snag them.

What time? We were planning on taking the late night flight out on the 5th, but still early enough to change plans. Might even be cheaper to fly back out on a Wednesday. I'll have to check the flights and see if the minor change is possible. Any guess how many miles the meeting is from the scranton/wilke-barre airport? I haven't even ordered the tickets yet, watching prices and they seem to be going down. As soon as they start going up again, or hopefully before, I'll snag them.

Sorry, been awhile since I've been on here. 7:00 PM is the meeting. I'd say its about 20 minutes from the airport. Maybe 25.
PM me if interested, as the PM's go to my phone. That way I'll get the message quicker.
I just mapquested it. Through town...6.9 miles, 20 minutes.

There are a few of us that brew in the Hamlin/lake ariel area, and the beer distributor across from Weis markets have all your home brewing needs and are a great group of guys who also brew

There are a few of us that brew in the Hamlin/lake ariel area, and the beer distributor across from Weis markets have all your home brewing needs and are a great group of guys who also brew

Well hallelujah! I live in Hawley, and have been getting my supplies from NE Hydroponics in Scranton, or Simply Homebrew in Drums. I'll hopefully be checking it out tomorrow, and if it's sufficient, will save a ton of time and gas!

Hamlin distributers has a basic selection, the do have extract kits, I'm an all-grain brewer and they have most grains available and I tell you what they have Midwest supplies and northern brewer beat on prices!

Great group of guys that run the place, tel, them Matt sent ya!

They go through a quite a bit of grain, more and more people are finding out that they are a home brew supply now so there going through more

I just visited Simply Homebrew in Drums today, and I was very impressed with their store and selection. I spent about an hour drooling over expensive toys that I 'need.'

They sell 50lb sacks of base grain. Domestic 2-row goes for $47 a sack. I didn't ask about any other bulk grain prices.

Hi everyone. Just moved to Plains Township from Scranton. New brewer, only 4 extract batches under my belt. Almost ready for my first all grain batch. In the process of building a rig. Looking to join a club and possibly start competing. Not sure about clubs in my area. Look forward to talking with some local brewers.

Don't know about Honesdale, but the Scranton Brewer's Guild meets the last Wednesday of every month at Jack's Draft House. It's a great group of people who make really good beer. We are also running a homebrew competition at this year's PA Oktoberfest at Mohegan Sun. See http://www.crystallederhosenhbc.org/ for details.

Back