Washing hands after bathroom use..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea so I just was in there and some one dropped a dooger and didn't flush. This thing had the girth of a coke can and there wasn't a single piece of paper in there. What an interesting day in the bathroom...

Did this guy just get up and leave? I understand if we had a fire and there wasn't time but cmon!!!

Sometimes when I drop a huge one, the paper flushes but the log doesn't. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 flushes before it turns around the right way.

My morning "ritual" kinda happens when I'm at work so I can't avoid it. Body set it self on a schedule... If I could avoid it, I would.

I mean we all did once and some of us will do it later in our lifetime so why not just wear diapers and forget about public bathrooms

We have a lot of Japanese researchers who have labs on this floor of the Medical School where I work, and I've noticed that before they take a leak, they go through a thorough hand washing ritual. It can be like 5 minutes of hand washing before they do the deed.

But then afterwords, they just zip up and walk out. I know urine is supposed to be sterile, but.....

Again I´m more concern about washing my hands before operating my "device" than after, after is somebody elses problem most of the time :p and I am on the a@#hole side of life anyway

Where I work, it seems that less people wash their hands than not. Worse though is that I have to straddle a pool of urine on the floor to use the urinal. If you can't hit a 4 ft2 target that's 6 inches from you, then don't even try. The stalls are worse as they usually have chocolate on the toilet seat and paper/urine on the floor.

Where I work, it seems that less people wash their hands than not. Worse though is that I have to straddle a pool of urine on the floor to use the urinal. If you can't hit a 4 ft2 target that's 6 inches from you, then don't even try. The stalls are worse as they usually have chocolate on the toilet seat and paper/urine on the floor.

Glad I don't work in your building. There was a guy here who could never seem to get his piss in the urinal. An "anonymous" employee posted a sign above the urinal that said "If you're having trouble hitting the urinal, stand closer and at least piss on your shoes instead of the floor. Better yet, just use the stall you disgusting bastard."

A woman was fired from here (this actually happened) for laying paper towels or tp on the floor and dropping a deuce on top of them and just leaving it there. Management actually had set up stall monitors (people not cameras) in order to catch the culprit. Turned out to be one of the nicest people who worked here. This was her way of getting back at management for screwing her out of a promotion. I wish I was making this up, but it actually happened.

nasty_rabbit said:
Johnny and jimmy, side by side taking a leak. Johnny walks to the door and jimmy says "my mom taught me to wash my hands after I pee." To this Johnny replies "my mom taught me not to pee on my hands."

I wash my hands but I agree with Johnny.

Obliviousbrew said:
Again I´m more concern about washing my hands before operating my "device" than after, after is somebody elses problem most of the time :p and I am on the a@#hole side of life anyway

So if AFTER is someone else's problem, then you going in AFTER some dirty F is YOUR problem. I would definitely wash my hands after touching anything in a public restroom.

So if AFTER is someone else's problem, then you going in AFTER some dirty F is YOUR problem. I would definitely wash my hands after touching anything in a public restroom.

I´ve moved to diapers no more public restrooms for me and I´m just kidding I wash my hands before and after.

Always good to wash hands after the restroom, but I dont have to touch my junk to take a wee. And i agree with washing before too.

I would highly suggest if people were so OCD about washing hands not to go out in public, And let alone go eat somewhere. Defenitaly dont be an a$$ to somone dealing with your food.

I also would confront these people you work with to wash there hands, im not OcD with it but its a good practice to be clean, even more when working with others.

Whattawort said:
Glad I don't work in your building. There was a guy here who could never seem to get his piss in the urinal. An "anonymous" employee posted a sign above the urinal that said "If you're having trouble hitting the urinal, stand closer and at least piss on your shoes instead of the floor. Better yet, just use the stall you disgusting bastard."

A woman was fired from here (this actually happened) for laying paper towels or tp on the floor and dropping a deuce on top of them and just leaving it there. Management actually had set up stall monitors (people not cameras) in order to catch the culprit. Turned out to be one of the nicest people who worked here. This was her way of getting back at management for screwing her out of a promotion. I wish I was making this up, but it actually happened.

This made me laugh so hard. But at least she put to and or paper towles on the floor.

There was a woman at my dad's company who was smearing poop all over the walls. This had been going on for months and they finally caught her and fired her. Gross. I mean, wtf is wrong with people

There was a woman at my dad's company who was smearing poop all over the walls. This had been going on for months and they finally caught her and fired her. Gross. I mean, wtf is wrong with people

Painting with feces can be a very entretaining and artistic behavior, you call it gross some may call it art!:ban:

We had a dude that used to piss on the toilet seats. All of them. He was observed several times and management did nothing.

It's not always the fault of the pisser... My building has the WORST urinals in the world-- they're made by American Standard, and they absolutely SUCK (so badly that I will never buy an American Standard product as long as I live). No matter where you aim your stream, it bounces out back at you. Even if you try to hit the water, it bounces off the water and right onto the floor.

I even use the ball washer in the hallway. The cups could be bigger though, and I have no idea why it has a cold tap, who the hell wants to wash their balls with cold water?

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
I even use the ball washer in the hallway. The cups could be bigger though, and I have no idea why it has a cold tap, who the hell wants to wash their balls with cold water?

Heh, easier to wash when there small.

It's not always the fault of the pisser... My building has the WORST urinals in the world-- they're made by American Standard, and they absolutely SUCK (so badly that I will never buy an American Standard product as long as I live). No matter where you aim your stream, it bounces out back at you. Even if you try to hit the water, it bounces off the water and right onto the floor.

I used a urinal once while wearing shorts and was appalled at the splashback I could feel on my legs. I never use a urinal now if it can be avoided.

Has no one here ever worked construction? If you work construction most of the time you don't have the option of washing your hands. I've watched guys go sit in a port-a-pottie for 10 minutes then come out grab their dinner bucket sit down on a stack of lumber and eat their sandwich.

I don't work construction anymore but when I did I never got sick. Now I catch anything that happens to be floating around.

Has no one here ever worked construction? If you work construction most of the time you don't have the option of washing your hands. I've watched guys go sit in a port-a-pottie for 10 minutes then come out grab their dinner bucket sit down on a stack of lumber and eat their sandwich.

I don't work construction anymore but when I did I never got sick. Now I catch anything that happens to be floating around.

Quit eating out of the toilet and I bet you start getting better.

I have a strict diet of corn,peanuts,chocolate pudding and lemonade.

Warning for gross factor -

Similar to the post of the l"lady" dropping a duece on the floor, but when I was in HS I worked at a fast food restaurant. The worst was we closed after the bars so we'd always get a rush at about 2 in the morning of people who were just wasted. One night my closing guy refused to clean the bathroom, so I go in there only to see some sadistic bast**d had written AIDS in blood all over the walls and floor. That was an exciting night, I was triple gloved and masked cleaning that mess up. I even made my employer pay for a test a few weeks later. Through the grapevine we found out who it was and made sure everytime he came through the restaurant we gave him a little something special in his sandwich.

I wash my hands after I pee(and also before), but to be honest I don't think its necessary for me.

Two reasons:

I am not peeing in my hands.
I shower two times a day(in the morning and before bed) so I am very clean.

I bet its much worse to open a door knob and then shake hands than not washing your hands after peeing and then shaking hands.

[ame]http://youtu.be/CgxDdsiXf8U[/ame]

Damn, I see that someone beat me to this...

Anyhow, I see that most of you are rather anal about your cleanliness. I for one am all about building my immune system. I was my hands if I go #2, but wouldn't die if I didn't.

Some other odd things I've run across more than once in public restrooms:

-People who continue their cell phone conversations as they're doing their business in the stall.

-People who apperently must groan and grunt in order to achieve a movement.

-People who whisper indistictly to themselves while in the can.

I don't know about phone calls, but I know that without FaceBook, my poops would be boring.

Just kidding (or am I?)

DanH said:
I don't know about phone calls, but I know that without FaceBook, my poops would be boring.

Just kidding (or am I?)

I was thinking the same thing, except instead of Facebook, HBT.
I am very OCD about washing my hands, especially in the restroom. And heaven forbid something of mine falls behind the toilet, I just call it a loss. I probably go overboard with cleaning my hands, like using hand sanitizer as soon as I leave the grocery store, after pumping gas, before eating if I'm in a restaurant, but I can't help what my mind is telling me to do. I do the same routine in public restrooms every time: turn sink on, wash hands, dispense paper towel-if manually, with something other than my hand if possible, use towel to turn sink off and open door.

Anyhow, I see that most of you are rather anal about your cleanliness. I for one am all about building my immune system. I was my hands if I go #2, but wouldn't die if I didn't.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was tryin to say about the porta potty.

We've got a few people in my office that like to brush their teeth throughout the day and leave their toothbrushes out next to the sinks throughout the day. That's truly disgusting to me; I usually wash my hands after a #2, but not always for a #1.

Before people complain about how that's unhealthy or unsanitary, I offer my own suggestion for increasing health in the office. From September to June (when school is generally in session) people who have children who attend school or day care are segregated to one side of the office while those of us without children are put on the other side. I never used to get sick at my old office where only one person there had children, but since moving to my larger company I've really gotten sick - including a nasty respiratory infection last year that gave me a 104 degree fever and lingered for weeks even with antibiotics.

Saw a guy come out of the crapper and leave without washing his hands. I walked past his desk on the way back to my cubicle 30 seconds later and he was eating a sandwich.

Witnessed another guy exiting the crapper, turning on the water in the sink, then proceeding to scoop water with his hands and drink.

:eek:

Back