Truth, or justa rumor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d4klutz

Reaction score
I have not heard this before, and don't really know if the source is reliable. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. I was told that after the election, if Obama wins, that he is going to try to require that all home-brewers have a brewing license if they brew more than 5 gallons. I know that is the case if you brew more than 500 gallons per year. Has anyone heard about this? Or is this just a load of horse manure?

Well, the prez will have to get a license too if it's true. Sounds like some bilarnery though. What would be the justification of making us pay to brew? Revenue? Well Mr Obama threw billions of dollars away so I could see him finding a way to recuperate it but making homebrewers pay? I won't spend a single penny if it becomes a requirement.

The President's don't make laws, Congress does.

The current limit isn't 500 gallons, it is 100-200 depending on number of adults in the household

And finally, where did you hear this?

Hmmm..... Is this anything like all the rumors during the last election about how Obama was going to limit and/or tax the sale of ammunition?

Sure sold a sh#t load of ammo! Haven't seen any new laws....

I would guess this one is neither true nor a rumor. It's false.

The President's don't make laws, Congress does.

^^^This.

He can make a suggestion or start to veto every bill that comes across his desk until he gets one that is close to what he wants but I am going to just guess/hope there are MUCH more pressing issues that need addressed before the homebrewers get screwed with.

Also this is dependent on him getting reelected and I SERIOUSLY doubt that is going to happen.

As I said earlier, I just heard this last night from a neighbor of mine while we were eating 60lbs of crawfish. Yes, there was beer drinking going on too :). I was asking to see if anyone else had heard it. I think it's horse manure, but was seeing if anyone in the brewing world had heard about it just in case I had missed something (which happens more than I care to admit). Thanks for answering.

^^^This.

He can make a suggestion or start to veto every bill that comes across his desk until he gets one that is close to what he wants but I am going to just guess/hope there are MUCH more pressing issues that need addressed before the homebrewers get screwed with.

Also this is dependent on him getting reelected and I SERIOUSLY doubt that is going to happen.

Lol, 7 points ahead in the polls, ahead in fundraising, whether you like him or not he's gonna win by a country mile.

I'm not worried. First off, they have much bigger fish to fry to worry about how to regulate and police something that is impossible to quantify, like the size of a batch brewed at a private residence. Also, politicians never do what they promise anyway. So no worries.

McBrewskie said:
Troll or retard, you decide.

I'm sorry if you think I was trolling. I was asking in all seriousness as I'm a newbie to brewing and honestly didn't know where else to find out. Again, thnx for all your replies

I'm sorry if you think I was trolling. I was asking in all seriousness as I'm a newbie to brewing and honestly didn't know where else to find out. Again, thnx for all your replies

Oh, now you are trying to troll me even further. No go buddy, no go. :D

I think depending on how extreme your political pov is, the more you would believe something like this being possible.

Besides it seems to me this is another state's right issue, not a feds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back