Just completed my 1st AG Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EonBlue66

Reaction score
I popped my AG cherry with Ed's Haus Pale Ale today. Everything went pretty smooth the only problem I had was when my floating thermometer broke when I was cooling the wort down, bummer. I used a strainer and left the last 1/2 gallon in the kettle, I figure I can wrap a cheese cloth around my auto siphon when I go to my secondary & before I keg. Oh well hopefully someone else can learn from this. I noticed that there were a couple of other posts about this I just never saw them. Glass thermometer Bad. Digital thermometer good!

Brew & Learn!

I still like my floating thermometer, and I use it a lot. Digital thermometers are nice, and they give you a quick reading, but I just let my floater do most of the work in the brew kettle. It's always right there and you don't have to worry about looking for it or sanitizing it between uses.

Congrats on the first AG brew. I'm hoping to join those ranks soon myself :)

Back