WTF is my stimulus money?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee! $87K Do us po' folks get any?

Nope, we be rich evils people who don't need any stimulus, but we can be counted on to send money to folks who don't even pay taxes. It does not matter that we may live in a high cost of living area, hence earning more than Pelosi thinks you should, but she will pick your pocket just the same.

BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)

I was wondering why I hadn't received it yet, so I read the IRS page VERY closely.

A. Yes, unless you entered into a financial agreement with your tax professional to receive a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) or had your tax preparation fees deducted from your refund and were issued a Refund Anticipation Check (RAC). Of course, you cannot receive direct deposit of your stimulus payment if the stored value card or debit card account has been closed. In any of these circumstances, you would receive your economic stimulus payment by paper check. [Updated 5/9/08]

Think I may have found an answer on this...

If you paid in, which I did to the tune of $4600, then you get your rebate via paper. Even if they IRS was gracious enough to take your money electronically, they will not use this info to deposit money. i.e. Unless you got a rebate via direct deposit, you are getting a paper refund.

I submitted via TurboTax. Is that what this is referring to? So we get paper checks?

If you got your refund direct deposited, then you should get your stimulus check the same way...

UNLESS

If you had taxcut, turbotax, or whatever e-filing program just take the fees out of your refund, then you get a paper chack, as the IRS didn't actually directly deposit the money in your account. (IRS sent the money to turbotax or whatever, they took their money out and forwarded the remainder)

Yeah, I got burned on it, too.

Did you file with Turbo Tax? A bunch of people got hosed who did (like me) and had to wait for a snail mail check. Just got mine 2 days ago, and was in the 1st or second group for early may...May 9th I think ?

I got mine on the 9th, however SWMBO in her infinite wisdom did not do direct deposit so she is getting a paper check.

If you got your refund direct deposited, then you should get your stimulus check the same way...

...OR if you PAID IN you get paper. Even if they withdrew the money electronically, you get a paper check. Which is not the same way.
Electronic withdrawal, paper refund...bummer

political-pictures-economic-stimulus-realtors.jpg

Did you file with Turbo Tax? A bunch of people got hosed who did (like me) and had to wait for a snail mail check. Just got mine 2 days ago, and was in the 1st or second group for early may...May 9th I think ?

I really must be a hoser :( I still haven't gotten mine and I was in the second group too.

Add us to the list of people who are not receiving any stimulus money... and I'm unemployed. Sounds like an excuse to have a beer to me. :)

lets see i got 2 50 lb sacks of 2-row, 12 lbs of raw california honey, 30 lbs of misc, specialty grains and a crap load of misc hops, ingriedients for a belgian tripple, oatmeal stout, and wlp041, wlp001, wlp530....and a really nice compound miter saw from lowes. sorry to brag but it felt so good!

I'm not getting a check either. I've been on disability for about 20 months. But if you didn't qualify, from what I understand, and you get a job by next year's tax deadline then you can apply for a stimulus check. My lawyer's secretary was telling me about it; I still need to look into it to get the specifics.

I'm not getting a check either. I've been on disability for about 20 months. But if you didn't qualify, from what I understand, and you get a job by next year's tax deadline then you can apply for a stimulus check. My lawyer's secretary was telling me about it; I still need to look into it to get the specifics.

I voluntarily left a good paying job so not looking for any sympathy about it. We are by no means rich but still cracks me up that we get no stimulus money because of last year's income. As one poster put it, hope everyone is enjoying the fruits of our labor too. :)

I Hope you all are enjoying the fruits of my labor. :D

For all of you who really believe this...sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not your money. All of that money went to Iraq...for bombs, new roads, electic grids, oil pipelines, etc. Your tax dollars were spent before the government even had them. The money for the stimulus package is coming from the federal reserve...it's being printed!

If you really want to find who is enjoying the fruits of your labor, look to the people of Iraq, Afghanistan. Oh yeah, don't forget all the people you sent money to in China where all of your products are from. They are now able to afford automobiles and new houses because our country has successfully outsourced so much manufacturing industry.

I called the IRS, they looked at my taxes that the accounted filed for us. Accountant accidentally checked that I can be claimed as a dependent (which is not true). This makes me ineligible. The accountant has to amend our taxes and we can use it for next years taxes.

2 different stimulus rounds, this thread is 12 years old.

i was half way down the first page before i realized it was bush's(?) $500, been a while.....

i can't wait for the next "where's my free money!" thread.....if i'm still around that long.....lol

Now that's embarrassing. Is there a way to lock/close/archive this thread?

firstmeme.jpg
(my first at a making my own meme, sorry!) :mug:

That's true, but it's really a matter of perspective. I don't get one, so I see it as wealth redistribution.

(and, that should rush this thread into oblivion)

i don't man i still got that silly $1,200 check pinned to my wall as a joke.....i don't want your money.....(but if you feel so inclined that i get steady employment, pray for me, one person did and i get 2 hours a week now, and LOVING it! :mug: )

Endorse and send it to me. PM me for address

hey man, i ain't no sucker i only go to church that works for me....if your prayers work for me, i might find it a funny enough joke to get a good laugh! ;) :mug:

edit: seriously! i give more to this every year for a laugh....and i live on 14k a year.....(god i love homebrew!)

https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/708094624

edit #2: they say it expires in one year i got it in april 24th.....so you better really pray hard! there's a dead line! otherwise i might find it funnier to use it as toilet paper....or have it framed, i haven't decided....i just get a kick out taking things other people take seriously very nonchalant....(as i'm sure you know from my brewing style)

Last edited:
Back