Krausen in the bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowens

Reaction score
I just bottled my third batch two days ago, and today I noticed that there appears to be Krausen forming in the bottles? FG was 1.16, according to the Kit it should have been 1.14, hadn't moved in a day so I figured close enough? The only other thing I would note is that the beer seemed cloudier than the last time I did this kit, but that was close to a year ago so I couldn't say for sure.

Have any of you seen anything like this before?

Update: I just checked my EZ Cap bottle. I would say that is probably still fermenting, there are chunks floating around and it is well carbed after only two days. Man, I think I am going to have to ditch this batch... crap, and it was tasting great!

How did it taste at bottling. even with fermentation in the bottle ie. carbonating. you shouldnt have krausen..

Tasted Great! I sipped the hydrometer sample, then decided not cap the last bottle (only 3/4 full) and drank that. Full of hoppy flavor.... little flat though with a few sharp notes. :)

Turned out to be not a problem, everything is coming up roses. Krausen has disappeared, still tastes great. Must relax more.

What did you use to prime? If you use DME, it could be the cause of the Krausen

Back