first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhausen

Reaction score
I finally got around to brewing my first batch today and have it in the primary now. I had to use the electric stove as that's all I have. Never could get up to a good boil but it was close. Time will tell if it hurt. I already have an outdoor burner on the way to brew the next batch.

Good luck!!! I'm at a week into my first primary, sg is stable, trying to leave it to condition... Keep the primary temps in check, from what I can tell, that looks to be the biggest turning point in the process...

Started with a brewer's best witbier... Looking at a vanilla caramel cream ale next...

Ok, bringing this back up. My first kit something went wrong. Beer is real sour tasting. I have since upgraded to a burner and some more equipment. Im going to give it a go at my 2nd and 3rd batches soon. I know my sanitation could have been better with a few other steps.

Every batch gets a little easier. Get yourself a wort chiller to really speed up your day. Mix up some StarSan and distilled water to keep in a spray bottle. When in doubt, give your equip a couple good sprays. Good luck with the next couple batches.

Sourness is likely sanitation. Be sure to use a sanitizer thoroughly. It won't hurt if you use something equivalent to Star San.

I got some star san and that is a good idea with the spray bottle. Will be doing that. :mug:

Every batch gets a little easier. Get yourself a wort chiller to really speed up your day. Mix up some StarSan and distilled water to keep in a spray bottle. When in doubt, give your equip a couple good sprays. Good luck with the next couple batches.

Back