Kegerator Complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tochsner

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't compare with some of the beauties I have seen here but my garage beer fridge is now a kegerator. My family doesn't get it. I wanted to show it to some people who would. :)

Thanks for all the ideas.

Tony

2011-11-20_16-51-33_782.jpg

2011-11-20_16-52-08_692.jpg

Actually those are Coke 5 gallon pinlocks that I converter to ball lock. The Coke ones are 3 inches shorter and fit better. They are also easier to get. I have 4 so far.

Tony

Yeah that has me a little worried too. We have been practicing grabbing both handles at the same time. So far so good but I may connect them so they always open together.

on my fridge i had to go with a short tap handle because the long ones actually rested against the freezer and it was causing a small leak... your setup looks awesome! Great job!

what happens when the wife opens the freezer door before the fridge?

someone on here made a small bracket that allowed the fridge to open alone, but if you tried to open the freezer, the fridge would open too.
So simple. Problem solved.

Yeah that has me a little worried too. We have been practicing grabbing both handles at the same time. So far so good but I may connect them so they always open together.

secure a bar or some sort on the freezer door so it comes in contact with the refrigerator door. Set it up so the refrigerator door can be opened without the freezer door opening, but when the freezer opens, both doors will open.

EDIT:
someone on here made a small bracket that allowed the fridge to open alone, but if you tried to open the freezer, the fridge would open too.
So simple. Problem solved.

how the hell did I read over that?

I know the suggestion had been made in a couple threads. It would be easy enough to do just install a plate on the fridge door that extends up over the freezer door. If someone tried to open the freezer door the plate would force the fridge door to open too or, at the very least, would offer enough resistance the person would realize and grab both handles. Either way it would stop the taps from ever engaging so no messy disasters.

Oh and I love your use of space! Looks great.

I have the same tap handles as you, Since my keggerator is covered in chalkboard paint. I cut the top of the handle off and sanded it smooth. To me it looks better than having the top on. I just write on the keggerator what's on tap.

Back