Please...Suggest a brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snisup

Reaction score
Going to band practice tonight after a crappy day. Going to stop at the bottle shop on my way there. What do I choose? Name 2 or 3 must haves. I live near Albany, NY.

Going to band practice tonight after a crappy day. Going to stop at the bottle shop on my way there. What do I choose? Name 2 or 3 must haves. I live near Albany, NY.

Not sure if these are available where you live, but here goes for a few of my favorites (not in any particular order):

Shiner Bock, from Texas, USA
Weihenstephaner Weissbier or Vitus, from Munich, Germany
Maisel's Weisse, from Bayreuth, Germany

I've never had a bad drop of Erdinger Weissbier, either... It's also bottle fermented, so you can even get a high quality starter from the bottle for free.

Anything by Clown Shoes (whatever style u like and the beer store stock), Old Chub on Mama's Little Yella Pills by Oskar Blues Brewing, Anything Rogue or Stone depending on what style u like and what the beer store has.

Wow... Thanks... Keep 'em comin!
Maybe something less well known but still amazing. I like the German suggestions. Not a Belgian fan fyi.

For light, summer beer, I'm a fan of Southern Star Bombshell Blonde or Shiner Blonde. For something with a little more punch, Anchor Steam or Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye. And for smooth sipping, Young's Oatmeal Stout and Ayinger Celebrator are hard to beat.

One of my favorite Czech beers:

Zlatopramen 11° (they rate their beers by the OG)

One of my favorite Czech beers:

Zlatopramen 11° (they rate their beers by the OG)

Interesting... I'll have to check it out. I don't have to work tomorrow so some or all of this might be for the long weekend. Sipping beers sound good to me right now. Never had ruthless though. Might give that a go.

Back