War of the Worts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered a stout. They started the awards late and I had to be home for the babysitter so I don't know how I did. Congrats on your saison!

I entered a handful of beers into the comp most scores were in the thirties. The highest was for a grape lambic that scored a 39 but didn't place in sour beers. I'd be curious what the top beers scored and to see the score sheets for all my beers

soonami said:
I entered a handful of beers into the comp most scores were in the thirties. The highest was for a grape lambic that scored a 39 but didn't place in sour beers. I'd be curious what the top beers scored and to see the score sheets for all my beers

My foreign extra stout scored a 38

My Saison scored a 38. I split the wort with my buddy. He used different yeast and scored a 41, but his didn't place...

My Biere de Garde scored a 32. Reflects basically how I feel about it. Interested to see the sheets to see if we agree on flaws, what it lacks...

I also submitted a handful of beers with a buddy. Scored in the 30s as well for all and placed with our IPA. This was our first time in any competition and was a great experience. Congrats on your saison! Looking forward to more of these competitions.

daksin said:
Come on medalists, let's see some recipes!

10 gallon recipe

80.9% pilsner
4.49% Munich
4.49% wheat malt
1.12% caramunich malt
8.99% table sugar (added two days into ferment)

25g CTZ @60
56g German Hallertauer

WLP056 Belgian Saison II

Mash @ 147

I split this batch with a friend. He took 5 gallons added a pound of belgian candi syrup (instead of the table sugar), fermented with belgian saison I strain and scored a 41.

Got a 37 for my Wit and 36 for my sweet stout. No placment. I emailed the organizer to see if I could get the winning scores to see what score I need to place.

This year I got second for Saison and first in Belgian Specialty for an all Brett beer with some bacteria. The Belgian Specialty scored a 42 but I forget what the Saison scored. I know it didn't break 40.

Latest posts

Back