So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing today...this morning actually after my coffee.
Will be a day of first.
First time using my turkey fryer
First time using beersmith2
first time using my home made chiller
and first time using a yeast starter.

Its a kit from Midwest - Cooper Ale

I brewed yesterday - it was the Jasper's Ghosts of Bardstown Bourbon Vanilla Stout. Boiled 1 lb of Blackstrap Molasses in addition for the full 60 min and added 1 lb of brown sugar with 5 minutes to go. Also added in an oz of Magnum for 30 minutes. This is my first stout, but 3rd brew. Active fermentation started about 10 hours in and I woke up this morning to a big foamy surprise coming out of my airlock. Violent! OG was 1.092 so she's gonna be a big girl! I've got 2 vanilla beans chopped up and soaking in 16 oz of Woodford Reserve Bourbon along with 2 oz of oak chips. I will add the chips 7 days in and then pour in the bourbon into my bottling bucket.

Yawn, up before dawn. Getting ready to fire up the burner and brew me a Rye IPA. Right after I brew up a pot of coffee. Happy Brauturday.

Brewing my Angry Teddy Bear recipe. 2-Row, Wheat, Munich, Rye, Honey Malt, Honey, and a little Chocolate Malt. Simcoe/Amarillo hops and Burton yeast. :D

Brewed northern brewers Irish blonde ale yesterday

image-1363485516.jpg

image-1467241701.jpg

image-1449697829.jpg

image-1309873072.jpg

Next up will be a west coast ipa and I'll finally get to use my mini brew conical fermenter

Brewing up a nice smooth porter for the wife, who fully supports my hobbies and likes a nice smooth dark beer!

First attempt at a sour coming soon - Berliner Weiss. Wanted to attempt this for a while but my lacto started kept going moldy. Not this time though, currently have 4 on the go, mold free (as I type).

Since I only work four days a week, does yesterday count as a weekend for me? I brewed two batches, which are fermenting nicely. No pics, because they'll not see the light of day again for a month.

All amarillo ipa. Still working on a grain bill for it and brewing in the earls of morn. Got a first-small keg of Ranger to be drinking shortly should be more ready this or next week. Think I just figured it out.

Had fun brewing a homebrew classic (Cheesefoods Carmel Vanilla Creme Ale). I changed to to an AG recipe. I have had so many people ask me about this remembering it from like 5 years ago when I did the extract version. Fun to brew up an oldy but goody years later.

Brewed a Stone Smoked Porter clone today and added some coffee to change things up, excited to try this one, and got to get someone new into the hobby

I'll be brewing northern brewers RyePA extract kit sometime this week. I just got moved into my new house and I'm hoping my gas stove can do a full boil. I'll probably do a test boil today.

Catfish1320 said:
Had fun brewing a homebrew classic (Cheesefoods Carmel Vanilla Creme Ale). I changed to to an AG recipe. I have had so many people ask me about this remembering it from like 5 years ago when I did the extract version. Fun to brew up an oldy but goody years later.

I'm looking for an extract cream ale to brew. Can you provide the extract version recipe?

I know in in the beer section but I am doing a project this weekend. Finally putting together the Apple/Cedar/Cherry Cider.

Gonna back sweeten, prime and bottle.
Fermented a 5 apple blend dry, added Cedar 2 weeks ago, now I will back sweeten with the black cherry (not much, just barely semi-sweet...
OWWWW its gonna be good!
Wish me luck!

Really rushed schedule today and hopefully everything will fall into place. Need to check the gravity of the double IPA, then hopefully transfer to secondary and dry hop. Then wash the yeast from that carboy and set it aside. Then brew the Raging Irish Red and repitch the freshly washed yeast. This will be my third beer in a row to use that same yeast. Then knock out another gallon container of traditional Chinese Rice wine AND check the gravity of the Belgian wit, and possibly transfer that to a keg. Hopefully it will all come together as today is my last chance for the next 17 days. AND hopefully attempt to throw together the IPA cucumbers Revvy posted about.

Just checked that weather and it's crystal clear today. The only day this week.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Counter-Insurgency-Brewing/145906592241045?ref=hl
:rockin:

Brewed two beers in one session yesterday. Palmer's Elevenses and a brunch stout. It was a outside brew day and the weather wasn't exactly on my side. The day started off around 27...... started snowing and then the wind picked up. Got both of them done but it took much longer than I expected. Not to mention I brewed a Irish Heavy last Saturday. I managed 15 gallons of beer in two weekends.....

PIC_0735.jpg

PIC_0738.jpg

PIC_0714.jpg

PIC_0744.jpg

PIC_0747.jpg

Got the recirculation going on a double batch of rabbit hole red. Then I'm doing an experimental hop ipa afterwards.

ForumRunner_20130303_095114.jpg

jonmohno said:
Good thing you have that tote.Looks like that thing could rage. What size tube do you need to use for the airlock?

The tubing is 1/2" inserted into the airlock.. It works great!

image-1640100014.jpg

Brewing an Oktoberfest. Never out of season as far as I'm concerned! Plus, I think I read somewhere that "Marzen" is "March" because the style was traditionally brewed in March. This one won't make it to October though!

The tubing is 1/2" inserted into the airlock.. It works great!

View attachment 105041

Nice. heres my All Amarillo IPA going on 10 hrs now-- 3 gal carboy.:mug: Im thinking this one is going to need it. I may end up putting it in a keg that Midwest accidently sent me another one of accidently with some backordering mis-communication apparantly. I informed them about it, and I was waiting for a shipping label they said they would send me to send it back since they never even sent it! ,apparantly they want me to just keep it,since I was honest about it. I really dont need it but shure wont hurt to keep it though, I can make room in my beer fridge for shure as Im now "thinning the herd of craft beer in it,currrently". Too cool of them that is a 250$$$ 3 gallon keg kit. Best price of anywhere by the way brand new- just too bad I cant keep a shiny brand-new Co2 cannister without exchanging it. Sorry for the ramble jambles,but Im feelin it.

Attachments

• 0303032118.jpg
    0303032118.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 146
Brewed my first AG brew well any brew in fact today. Innis and Gunn clone, only major hiccup was a boil over but other than that went pretty smooth and hit 1.055 OG we shall see how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back