Wooden 6-pack carrier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 103238

Reaction score
I don't recall who posted pictures of something similar a few weeks ago - but thanks for the inspiration! This is my take on it, I layered hem fir and oak for a little color contrast. I used 5" long 1/4" eye bolts to hold the project together as well as anchor the rope handle. I used an orbital sander to smooth out the edges as well as put a slight bevel on the edges. About 5" of flexible electrical conduit wrapped with electrical tape serves as a semi-rigid handle with the rope.

image-40444917.jpg

Very nice. I swear after the Holidays I am going to start doing some wood working to get things like this built.

Actually I have a question, what dimension of wood did you use for the top and bottom? Looks like 1X8.

Good eye - 1"x8" for top and bottom, and 1x2 for the risers.

mb82 said:
Actually I have a question, what dimension of wood did you use for the top and bottom? Looks like 1X8.

I want to make a 12 pack carrier that doubles as a bottle dryer, with that I mean I want to be able to put the bottles upsidedown without touching the lip! mabey even make them stackable to 4 high?

crane said:
Is the handle made from rubber fuel line hose?

I used flexible electrical conduit, it was about $.78/foot. No particular reason other than I was meandering around the store and saw it and thought it might work

Between the wood and hardware it appears to be sort of heavy, how much does it weigh?

Looks nice gives me more food for thought as I fix my ShopSmith and start making wonderful sawdust....

It's definitely not lightweight. I had intended it to serve more as a gift and presentation platform, rather than for storing bottles around my place. I've given away my first version, I'll see if he can weigh it, or I can let you know the weight of the second one I build in a few days.

jtrainer said:
Between the wood and hardware it appears to be sort of heavy, how much does it weigh?

Looks nice gives me more food for thought as I fix my ShopSmith and start making wonderful sawdust....

Something I threw together last night ---- Took the sizes off of a Sam Adams 6 pack holder

Cedar sides left over from my dispenser --- sides and bottom from a pallet --- used a brad gun to secure......

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Back