Finally beer on tap. Suck it bottles! My Red Bull Can Fridge Build - The Canorator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunednoise

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I constructed this, this week after being inspired by a post on here a while back:

0lHZ7h.jpg

Here is my build blog: http://imgur.com/a/djdcT

My next step is to paint it I think! As much as the Red Bull theme is kinda cool, it could be better... People had suggested making it look like some of my recent labels here and here but I might just paint it black...

:mug:

Nice! I really like the look of the draft tower! Great work!

flips

passedpawn said:
Yeah right, suck it bottles.

I'd put a wrap on that red bull part. Get rid of the advertisement and make it cool.

I don't know - the redbull piece fits in an industrial, over caffeinated sort of way.

That tap tower is awesome. Simply awesome.

Very awesome. If you do replace the red bull with one of your labels I like the Frankenstein one

Love the tap/tower, great job! Did you build it or buy the setup like that? Is that a nitro faucet? I'd love to see where you got it or how you built it, either way.

Love the tap/tower, great job! Did you build it or buy the setup like that? Is that a nitro faucet? I'd love to see where you got it or how you built it, either way.

I built it! Click the link under the picture for how it was made :) The tap is a random one I got off ebay, I think it was originally serving fizzy yellow cider.

Did you modify the bottom in any way? I have a similar Rockstar cooler, but it's just a bit too short. Like literally less then an inch. I'd have to do up a new lid to make it work, as the keg is basically sitting in the motor as is...or find some way to relocate parts so the keg sits in there deeper.

Either way, that's baller...

Nice work. Your tap tower has a certain 'steam punk' look about it. Might do a bit of goggling for ideas but you could go with a bit of copper colored paint or contact paper, some faux rivets & banding for a boiler look on the cooler, maybe an analog temperature gage and a pressure gage mounted on some external copper colored plumbing, do a little faux gage with a clock hand on that round part behind the tap handle.

Did you modify the bottom in any way? I have a similar Rockstar cooler, but it's just a bit too short. Like literally less then an inch. I'd have to do up a new lid to make it work, as the keg is basically sitting in the motor as is...or find some way to relocate parts so the keg sits in there deeper.

Either way, that's baller...

I did, I moved the fan inside to one side!

Nice work. Your tap tower has a certain 'steam punk' look about it. Might do a bit of goggling for ideas but you could go with a bit of copper colored paint or contact paper, some faux rivets & banding for a boiler look on the cooler, maybe an analog temperature gage and a pressure gage mounted on some external copper colored plumbing, do a little faux gage with a clock hand on that round part behind the tap handle.

Yep, I second this. Steam punk sounds extremely cool with your setup.

8Wr6zh.jpg

Poured by first beer off yesterday! Great success.

Updated the original link with details of how the keg and co2 fit inside. Happy holidays guys!

tunednoise said:
Poured by first beer off yesterday! Great success.

Updated the original link with details of how the keg and co2 fit inside. Happy holidays guys!

Nice system! Word of advice: cover that damn redbull logo with some wood vinyl. This is coming from a redbull drinker

I love it. I'd hit it with some light grey or silver Rhino lining. I think the textured look with the refined smooth lines coming our of the top would look killer.

Edit:
Just realized you're from across the pond and you may not be familiar with Rhino Lining. It's a spray on truck bed liner. Orange peel type texture, super tough.

I love it. I'd hit it with some light grey or silver Rhino lining. I think the textured look with the refined smooth lines coming our of the top would look killer.

Edit:
Just realized you're from across the pond and you may not be familiar with Rhino Lining. It's a spray on truck bed liner. Orange peel type texture, super tough.

If you decide to go that route, and can get your hands on it, try Rustoleum's Spray on liner, its a fraction of the cost and extremely tough. Plus I was able to cover a boat trailer with like two cans. Just my humble opinion.

Wow I did something very similar on a tight budget. Redbull cooler was given to me after work wanted it gone. I knew it could fit a 1/6 Keg so I bought an amazon kit on a whim and it actually all fits. went to Lowes the day it arrived and threw this together. Been super happy with it and get a lot of positive feedback. Yours looks amazing compared to mine. It gets the job done though.
outside keg.jpg
inside keg.jpg

Very awesome guys. I made something similar last year for our squadron's redneck themed Christmas party.
Went about it a little differently, but it was fun and easy.

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_194900__01.jpg
    IMG_20191213_194900__01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20191213_194915__01.jpg
    IMG_20191213_194915__01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back