Brewing for the Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FungusBrew

Reaction score
So I've taken it upon myself to brew the booze for my best buds wedding. There's going to be ~150 people attending, of which I assume 100 will have a pint. Here's what I'm working with:

-10 Corney kegs = 50 gallons o' beer on the wall.
-1 5lb Co2 Canister to hopefully last 10 kegs for dispensing
-Manifold to split 4 kegs at a time off the Co2
-Snake taps to each of the kegs

I'm planning on force carbonating the kegs when they're ready, and keeping them cold in friends/families garage fridges. Day of the wedding I'll be dropping the Co2 and kegs into individual ice filled bins. I'll have my brother and a few friends dispense and switch out the kegs. The wedding is August 4th, 2012.

I need some advice here. What could I do to improve this set-up? I need all the help possible...

Thanks!!

You are a braver man than I. I'd get him to buy a bunch of micros to serve, then brew the beer for the toast.

I did this for ~90 people, but I didn't have kegs. Your way is better. But I'm not sad that I didn't buy kegs--those things ain't ch33p on a grad student budget, and there's no way I was gonna get the groom to buy them for me just for making the beer.

I would recommend bottling the best--something like a saison or a well-balanced stout--as a favor. The age will benefit either of those, and the guests get something beery to take home :)

I did a tasting line-up for my groom and bride of about 6 different styles, 'coz they weren't heavy drinkers. We had a few on deck already, and I brewed up 4 more.

What varieties were y'all thinking for the wedding?

My brother and a friend bought an old restaurant and renovated it. We found 9 pin lock kegs in the basement and replaced the O-rings. I'm going to use them for the event, and give away the extras to some buddies. I was originally planning on bottling the beer, but got lucky on this front.

My line up is as follows:

10 gallons Irish Red Ale
10 gallons Bavarian Hefeweizen
10 gallons IPA
10 gallons Hazlenut Brown Ale
5 gallons of *grooms select Barleywine
5 gallons of white wedding wit
-the last two I'm taking donations on for the honeymoon

I'll be serving mead at the wedding dais.

What do ya' think?

Good quantities, there, and excellent choices on the lineup for a summer wedding. Will there be wine as well?

I brought up 22.5 gallons for 90 people, watched 80% of them get sh**-faced on my beer, and I still had most of a couple cases to take home and enjoy. :)

Wine and Hard Liquor are out of my hands. I'm assuming someone may bring a stash of Old Thompson Whiskey and Dimitri Vodka.

If 75 people have 3 pints each that's 28gallons of beer.

It's going to be a three day event at a beautiful forest preserve. I'm still contemplating just bottling half of it...like you said elves, the barleywine at least.

Back