Cheap DIY Carboy Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDarwin

Reaction score
I'm sure others have come up with similar things, but I already took the pictures, so here's the little gadget I put together for about $6. It cleans 5 and 6 gallon carboys in about 20 seconds.

I think I'll add a bic pen shell or something to prevent it from banging around the neck.

The rag part is actually about 1/4 of the tendrils off of a $3 or $4 mop head replacement that I drilled out. There's a #8 (I think) nut and as wide a washer as would fit through the opening of a carboy on both sides of the mop-stuff.

Attach it to a drill and go. It does get a little wrapped up on itself once in a while, but it clears right up if you reverse the drill spin direction.

image-2603717117.jpg

image-3901045735.jpg

I like it. Your right that there are a few other builds pretty close to this but it's always nice to see a few that are a little different so people can get more of an idea of how they want to do it.
Thanks for the pics.

Back