whats the best soap to clean pint glass with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teej_810

Reaction score
i know not to wash the glasses in the dishwasher and to hand wash them instead. but what should i use for a soap to wash my glasses so it doesn't hurt head retention? am i alright with just using dish soap and hand washing?

I just regular dish soap and make sure I rinse them well. Works well for me.

I keep my glasses relatively clean-- that is, don't let them sit overnight with beer dregs in them. I use hot water, rinse well, and drip-dry.

If, for some reason, I don't clean the glasses immediately, I use a little baking soda in hot water with a suction-cup glass-cleaning brush in the sink. I will sometimes use chlorine bleach, but I typically don't keep that in the house.

If they are really dirty (almost never, unless a house guest puts something disgusting in a beer glass, like milk, or some other substance unfit for human adult consumption), I use PBW.

I keep my glasses relatively clean-- that is, don't let them sit overnight with beer dregs in them. I use hot water, rinse well, and drip-dry.

pretty much exactly what I do, except for when i pass out and forget to rinse my glass out beforehand, at which point i just let it soak with hot soapy water for a bit, then rinse out

I keep a spray bottle of water and vinegar near the sink. I rinse the glass and then spray the glass with the vinegar water. That seems to help get rid of the lacing/foam residue. Then a soft scrub with some dish soap and rinse well.

In all honesty, if you go with a more eco-friendly non chlorine dishwasher detergent and have soft water you can put them in the dishwasher and they will survive the experience. Of course I rarely do this. LOL

I have never had any problem using the dishwasher on my glass ware, as it relates to head retention. My biggest issue with the dishwasher is it tends to bleach off the graphics from the glasses. So I normally just rinse after use, and maybe use some dish soap if it looks all smudgy.

I rinse mine out with hot water, and then a vinegar/water combo. We have really hard water and the vinegar keeps the water spots from starting.

i use plastic cups :)

j/k dish soap if they are dirty- rinse well. for my normal glass (the one i drink out of most of the time), i just rinse and let dry, no worry of soap smell

Latest posts

Back