It's a Girl!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
My firstborn arrived Saturday morning (3 weeks early) and caught us totally unexpected. We were planning on getting the house organized and cleaned in preparation for her arrival next week, but apparently she could not wait. She is currently in a progressive care unit due to some fluid still in her lungs, mild jaundice and digestion problems, but she is making positive progress and we hope to have her home by Christmas. Mom is doing well, the birth was C-section and she is already up and around.

Even though they keep telling us she is doing well, it's hard to see your newborn attached to an IV and oxygen and all sorts of censors, we are trying to focus on the positive.

Stats: Eliza Jane, 18.5 inches, 5pounds 6 ounces and a healthy set of lungs (she already has SWMBO's Jersey attitude).

Hey man, congrats on your little one!

I went through the same exact thing when my second one was born 2 months premature. She was in the Neonatal ICU for 10 long days and it was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Today she is an honor student and the absolute love of my life. When they let you in the room with her--tell her she'll be fine and you can't wait to get her home!

If you need to BS with someone--I've been there. PM me.

Congratulations!!! Like you and Dude, my second was in NICU for 2 weeks after coming out 7 weeks early and I literally lived at the hospital while he was in there. It's hard to see, but just keep your thoughts positive and tell her all about her room for when she gets home. She'll hear you and feel better that you're there. Our thoughts are with you.

Congrats Flyin' Lion!

Here's to you getting her home for Christmas :mug:

Ours was in the NICU for over a month. Theres no feeling in the world like getting to hold them for the first time. You'll have a blast, and in a few short years you'll have built in help with botling.

- magno

That's great new Lion!

Little girls are the best. She'll have you wrapped around her little finger in NO time.

I've never had to go through the pre-mature thing, but I know several people that have. Little babies are tough and I'm sure yours will pull through with 'flyin' colors. If they're saying she may be home for Christmas, she must be doing well!

Get ready! Life is about to change BIGTIME! It's a tough adjustment at first, but you'll get used to it. Once they're sleeping all night, things get MUCH easier.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

girls are great, if we were done having kids, I would want another girl. Hopefully mom and baby are doing great!!!

Congratulations!!!!! When should I drop of the six-pack? :D :mug: :ban:

Pfft! A baby! So what? Anybody can make one of those! :cross:

LOL Seriously, congratulations! May her life be a long and healthy one, and may you and your wife live long enough to enjoy it!

Toot said:
Pfft! A baby! So what? Anybody can make one of those! :cross:

But can anyone make one that is THIS adorable?

pictureforcardsmaller.jpg

Hey congratulations. We had our 4th, a little girl 5 weeks ago. I know how you feel, Greatest part is listening to her coo and make noises while I am holding her. WTG.

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind replies. Baby is doing 100% better as of last night, she is off oxygen, eating better and the jaundice is coming down. She may actually be home by Christmas. It actually is working quite well for us since we have two different contractors working in our house for the next three days (Central Air install, and new addition).

Bird, feel free to add pictures of your beautiful daughter, I don't mind. I will attempt to throw some pictures in here later (wife's 'puter is a MAC and I'm easily confused).

Thanks again to everyone for making me feel so much better about what is going on and I'll get working on the pictures.

EDIT: I have uploaded pictures into my gallery, but have too much trouble entering them into a post. Could a Mod please help with that?

Thanks again to everyone.

666-MVC-014F.JPG

There you go! And Congrats!! You're in for a wild ride! -CC

Obligatory AWWWWWWW.....

Squishy little parcel, isn't she? I'm still amazed at how much my son's appearance has changed over the past year. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

I think the best quote I've heard is from Scrubs: "It's like having a dog that eventually learns how to talk."

I'm late, but congratulations! She is absolutely adorable and I'm glad she's doing better! The best Christmas present money could never buy!

Hang on to her and enjoy the little years, because once they start growing it's a whole different ballgame!! :D

All the best to you guys! :mug:

Ize

She really is beautiful.

What's awesome is just seeing them develop their personalities over the years. They start out as just helpless little blobs. Then, one day, when you're shoveling rocks in the garden, they laugh at you. Before you know it, they're curling up with you on the couch, reading stories. They're leaping off that couch onto your stomach, nearly breaking a rib in the process. They're chasing the puppy dog around the house before planting a big, wet kiss on his lips.

Kids are awesome. :D

the_bird said:
She really is beautiful.

What's awesome is just seeing them develop their personalities over the years. They start out as just helpless little blobs. Then, one day, when you're shoveling rocks in the garden, they laugh at you. Before you know it, they're curling up with you on the couch, reading stories. They're leaping off that couch onto your stomach, nearly breaking a rib in the process. They're chasing the puppy dog around the house before planting a big, wet kiss on his lips.

Kids are awesome. :D

...then they're wiping their pudding filled hands all over the back of the couch 4 days before you're having the entire family over for christmas!

Thank god for Oxy Clean. Just another thing I picked up here :D

Latest posts

Back