What Other Kegging Equipment Do I Need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
I am planning on building a kegerator or keezer that will dispense 3 kegs at a time and here is what I have so far:

6 Cornelius Kegs
20# CO2 Tank
Freezer

I know that I will be needing in and out disconnects and tubing, but is there anything else I'm forgetting or you would recommend.

i guess 6 faucets !

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Unless you want dead taps all the time...you really need a backup keg for every faucet.

I order the refrigerator conversion kit from AHS...it comes with the shank and all the parts you need except the hose and Quick Disconnects.

Just FYI...I use the $4 Stainless T fittings with hose clamps. The Manifold was very expensive and I don't want to spend the money on one while I have taps to add.

This is admittedly not the BEST way to do this, but it works. Also, the AHS technique is NOT the most cost effective, but it ensures I get all that I need.

Does this diagram look to be correct?

KegSetup.jpg

looks like what I'm going to do. BUT: I'm going to T off between the primary reg and the secondary. I"ll have a hose ready for force carbing/purging kegs, without having to unhook a keg.

Make sure you have check valves on your secondary regs.

BUT: I'm going to T off between the primary reg and the secondary. I"ll have a hose ready for force carbing/purging kegs, without having to unhook a keg.

Make sure you have check valves on your secondary regs.

Good Idea !!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just FYI...I use the $4 Stainless T fittings with hose clamps. The Manifold was very expensive and I don't want to spend the money on one while I have taps to add.

This is admittedly not the BEST way to do this, but it works. Also, the AHS technique is NOT the most cost effective, but it ensures I get all that I need.

You know, I may just go with the T fittings, for now. The cheapest manifold is about $40. I will get one eventually, but would prefer to keep the cost down right now. I can use that $40 for more kegs and ingredients/kits.

I am planning on building a kegerator or keezer that will dispense 3 kegs at a time and here is what I have so far:

6 Cornelius Kegs

Unless you drink mighty slow, you will need more than 6 kegs. I have a 2 tap system and you need at least 4 beers aging to keep it supplied.

Unless you drink mighty slow, you will need more than 6 kegs. I have a 2 tap system and you need at least 4 beers aging to keep it supplied.

It is just me who will be enjoying the beer for the most part. If I start drinking beer at a pace that requires more than 3 back ups I'm going to need more than additional kegs, a new liver may also be in order.

Latest posts

Back