Bottle label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandman

Reaction score
web-brand.jpg

this is a work in progress I would just like some opinions. Real size is 3.5"x5.547". This is designed for regular bottles. Please bear in mind that this is my first piece of visual creative work ever.

thanks

I like the colors, shape, and font of the A. The yellow text around the outside is too hard to read. Maybe you should have it in the white part and leave the border blank?

Try overlapping things a bit... maybe like this.

web-brand2.jpg

Then add white text on the blue rather than yellow.

The shape is nice, and the idea is very distinctive!

Eric

Enlarge the A, there's alot of unused white space in the center of your oval. Also an explanation, on the label, of what the A stands for and what the latin means. Otherwise it means nothing to someone looking at it.

Schlante,
Phillip

As far as enlarging the A, I could do that but I want to keep the text, it took me a long time to come up with it all. As far as the meaning of everything it is, all of it, important. The "a" is because I think I'm going to call my "personal brewery" or, whatever one calls it, "Artisan". The blue is a reference of fealty to God, the Gold is the representation of the royalty of Christ and the red in the A is a color that represents the Roman Catholic Church. The text on the right means "with maximal care toward quality". The text on the left is a Society of Jesus (Jesuit) inscription meaning "to the greater glory of God" which, ironically, was used in the case to encourage a bit of Opus Dei doctrine in that it encourages you to, "find God in daily life, in all your work and actions, and to sanctify yourself, your work, and others in your work." I know this forum doesn't like the religious stuff but you asked and thats exactly what it is, so there you go. The white was supposed to represent purity (another religous maxim) but I was thinking about leaving all white space clear and using the static cling backing to make it look a bit more "interesting." I do think I need to make the A a bit bigger as there is a lot of dead space. I think the original font that I planned on using looked so choppy that when I changed it I didnt think to blow it up a bit.

As one who undersrtood most of the label...THEN I read your explanation, I think you're way over a lot of "regular" drinkers heads on this one...

It's like a joke...if you have to explain it, it ain't funny...(the intent is lost...);)

I made the A larger, but still haven't found a font I like to make the text more readable.

Back