Wanted: A Beer Judge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mb2658

Reaction score
I am looking for a beer judge to give me an honest and trained analysis of some of my homebrew. Given where I live, I don't know of anyone locally. I'll send you some of my homebrew from time to time and all I am looking for is a your honest opinion and suggestions for how I can improve. Anyone interested? I am in Nebraska.

I am not, as I get plenty of beer to score.

but where are you in NE? There are some very active brewing clubs in NE, and I bet they could help out with some great BJCP judges. I might know someone who could help you out!

I am perfectly willing to write up scoresheets if you like. I am a certified BJCP judge.
I live in Los Angeles, though, so you may not want to pay shipping to me. And, I'm sure there are plenty of more qualified people than myself, much closer to you than I am.

Yooper said:
I am not, as I get plenty of beer to score.

but where are you in NE? There are some very active brewing clubs in NE, and I bet they could help out with some great BJCP judges. I might know someone who could help you out!

I am in Western Nebraska but I do get to Omaha and Lincoln fairly regularly. There seem to be some great clubs in the eastern part of the state. If you have any contacts, I would love to link up with them.

I am in Western Nebraska but I do get to Omaha and Lincoln fairly regularly. There seem to be some great clubs in the eastern part of the state. If you have any contacts, I would love to link up with them.

I will see if I can email a friend in Lincoln, and see what he's up to in the area right now.

Edit- I can't find his email address, so I googled what I thought was his homebrew club. Here is the club's website: http://www.lincolnlagers.com/

Take a look at the AHA site and you'll find contact info for clubs in Nebraska.

Also, consider just entering your beers in a competition - then you'll get at least two judges' feedback and its already all setup for you. There are *always* competitions going on. You can find a full calendar of the AHA site, too.

Back