Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found an updated version of microsoft paint at paint.net. It has some photoshop features that def are an improvement. I did have to adjust the size by eyeballing it with a beer bottle against the screen though. Or measuring,which the program can also do.
Then there's beer labelizer. Fun & easy to use. you can also upload pics,artwork,etc to put on the labels it has designed for them. It's $5 for premium usage at beerlabelizer.com.

I found an updated version of microsoft paint at paint.net. It has some photoshop features that def are an improvement. I did have to adjust the size by eyeballing it with a beer bottle against the screen though. Or measuring,which the program ca also do.
Then there's beer labelizer. Fun & easy to use. you can also upload pics,artwork,etc to put on the labels it has designed for them. It's $5 for premium usage at beerlabelizer.com.

cool thanks i quite like the free version too!! lol

I use a variety of programs, but once I'm done I import the image to MS Word. Change the margins to 1/2", change to landscape (sideways) then copy and paste image 4X. Increase/Decrease image size so that all 4 images "just" fit on one page.

GIMP into open office draw. I make the image in GIMP larger than it needs to be, then when I paste it into draw, I re-size to the right height for bottles (with 'maintain proportions' checked): 2.8" for stubbies and 3.5" for long-necks.

Inkscape is also a good freeware program to use. It's vector based, so it's similar to illustrator. Lots of videos on youtube to help with the tools if you're just starting out too.

Ok, finally decided to load my labels. Did these in Gimp 2.0

WinterWitch.gif

LampPostBock.gif

BlackSheep.gif

Are you able to do these yourself, or do you farm it out?

These were mine. The demon is actually me in my halloween costume. The butt was just a Google image search for "sunburned butt".

I used bottlemark.com

Had a bit of spare time at work and decided to make a label for my Hoegaarden clone (using paint / word)

This was the 3rd batch i've done and the first i've been happy with.

528611_10151259521406205_305916416_n.jpg

A couple of my beer labels from the past year, i think I enjoy making the labels more than brewing!

VIC BEER LABEL.jpg

LABEL 3.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

LABEL 5.jpg

Beer Labels_Page_1.jpg

Lagering an old Oktoberfest kit I had laying around...it'll be done in the spring so I didn't want to name it an Oktoberfest...so I instead paid homage to Clark & family during their European Vacation.

image-1179779121.jpg

badbeer label 12oz Blue.jpg
I used the program that somebody graciously put up here for us to use and did some tweeking of my own!!
What do you all think???!?!?!?!
big day tomorrow, bottling an Irish red, sampleing an oktoberfest bottled two weeks ago and making our own brew of wheat with honey and orange!!:fro:
Thanks again!

And a few more... As you can see, I've started using a kind of template I made, which makes it a lot easier to make a new label each time.

Starbuck's Stout Label.jpg

Caramel of Progress Label.jpg

Back