Cda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbster85

Reaction score
Im brewing up the CDA BIAB kit from NB this weekend and I would like to use my 5 Gallon carboy to ferment in. Is this going to be enough room or am I asking for a definate blow out?? Thanks for the help!

It's trouble all right. You need a fermentation bucket or at least a 23 litre carboy with a blowoff tube.

You shouldn't try to ferment it in your 5g carboy. But if you truly have no other option, ferment as cool as whatever strain you are using will allow (my guess is that you don't have a temp controlled ferm chamber), even if you have to rig up a swamp cooler.

Good luck!

I have a 7 gallon bucket as well, just thought I'd ask. I do have a swamp cooler and all the necessary equipment, just wanted to see if I could have two going at the same time.

Do you mind making a beer that is a little stronger? You could use the kit to make 4-4.5 gaL

I did this with a Citra pale ale that became something like an IPA.

Back