50th Anniversary Brew Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DethBrewer

Reaction score
Hi all - My folks have their 50th Anniversary later this year. Planning a big party in October, and looking for suggestions for a great (and easy) all grain recipe to brew. Most of the attendees are lighter beer drinkers - so I was thinking of a cream ale. Edwort's Haus Pale ale is a personal favorite - as well as my house brew - but this might be a tad heavy for this crowd. Any suggestions?

Being in october, id say be festive with an oktoberfest! Wouldn't be too horribly heavy for the light beer guys.

Cream of three crops is what I would suggest! Easy to brew - my FIL, who mostly drinks bud, enjoys that the best out of all of the brews I've done.

Bonus is the recipe is super easy/cheap to whip up.

First of all, congratulations to your folks! That's really something to be proud of.

I'd second a kolsch or pilsner. If you don't want to lager then a kolsch with a pilsner grain bill.

Latest posts

Back