42 Quart Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does look like a good deal with the thermo and valve included. It costs about 7.9x to ship which makes this under $140 for the package. Nice deal.

I have been researching like crazy and the "economy" kettles are generally 1mm both walls and sides. Sounds like there is no real concern for scorching, but that's the argument I've heard most prevalently.

Seems to me the bang for the buck deal right now is the homebrewstuff kettle if you're considering the value of weldless equal to welded and you want both a thermo and a ball valve. I don't know enough about the difference between welded/weldless to opine on the superior option.

For a plain kettle, Birdman has the best total price I could find. It's not a fancy kettle, but compares to the other "economy" kettles.

Based on what I understand about the value of the valve for a 5G batch (i.e. not really necessary), the birdman kettle is the right answer. The wares direct 40qt pot doesn't include the lid which puts it at the same price as the 60qt!

My spreadsheet didn't cover well here and I don't feel like converting to HTML, but you get the idea.

Store Capacity Bottom Base Price Ball Valve Thermometer Shipping Total Price Notes
Home page 42 1mm $129.99 $- $- $7.99 $137.98 Weldless
spikebrewing 40 1mm $80.00 $20.00 n/a $15.00 $115.00 Welded
Birdman Brewing Company - Homebrew and Draft Beer Equipment 42 1mm $129.99 $- n/a $10.21 $140.20 Weldless
Birdman Brewing Company - Homebrew and Draft Beer Equipment 42 1mm $74.99 n/a n/a $10.21 $85.20 N/A
Discount Restaurant Supplies, Janitorial Supplies and Office Supplies at Wares Direct. 60 5mm $115.99 n/a n/a $21.32 $137.31 N/A

I checked the listing on Amazon and it says that the vendor is Home Brew Stuff. I then checked Home Brew Stuff, and saw that they do indeed have a Polar Ware kettle, but it is not the kettle shown on the Amazon site. The kettle shown on Amazon is an economy kettle (32 Qt) for $120. I am not sure what to think because the wording and the picture don't match on Amazon.

Back