brewers best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest just going to the recipe section at the top of the page and use a tried and true recipe. That way, you are assured the freshest ingredients as opposed to ones that may or may not have been on the shelf a while.

YES. I started out with them and still use them. I've done some modifications like dry hopping the micro pale, red and ambers and I now steep the grains for 30-45 min. and sparge the grain bag (don't squeeze) with about 12oz coffee pot water. To improve color and to get better hop bittering efficiency I'm only using about half of the extracts for the full boil and the rest for about the last 20 min. The kits are $30.50 minus a 10% brew club discount at my LHBS so I save money by using them also.

I agree with BrewMando. I started brewing in January, and now have 50 gal brewed and most gone! I started with Brewers Best kits because they are the only kits LHBS carries and they have all come out great. I find its cheaper too than buying everything seperate. I also started buying the kits and tweaking them by adding to them.

I think they are great for a beginner, but I went from doing two of their kits to just searching for recipes and buying the ingredients. It allows you to experiment a bit more.

Kits are cool and all but really you can easily buy ingredients allowing yourself to make all sorts of beers, there are a lot of recipes on this forum and so far everyone I have tried has be excellent. I guess what I'm saying is that for a start kits are ok but I think you'll find them limiting over time.

Latest posts

Back