Extract Book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBrew

Reaction score
Given the preponderance of brewing books, I'm surprised that there is no book specifically about brewing with extract. Something that describes the history and growth of extract brewing and addresses specific concerns of extract brewers.

Brewing Classic Styles was written as an extract book. The author, JZ, converted his recipes to extract for the book. He has the all-grain equivalent as a footnote on all recipes. It may not go into the history of extract as thoroughly as you've described, but the bulk of the book is about extract brewing. I highly recommend grabbing a copy if you don't already have it.

+1 on Brewing Classic Styles. I've only brewed a handful of recipes out of the book, but just studying the ingredients and profiles of each of the 80 styles has taught me a lot about what defines each style of beer, and what it takes to brew it.

Back