troegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
If you are a Troegs fan and live in the area of the brewery you should stop in for there Impending Descent. They brewed it for "the end of the world." At least the Mayans made them brew an amazing Russian Imperial Stout. I know a few brew pubs in the Carlisle area have this on tap. If you see in out and about you wolnt be disapointed.

Just about all of their beers are amazing.

The impending descent is no disappointment.

Hopback amber used to be my go to until perpetual became a year round. If you haven't made it up to their new Hershey brewery (I assume you have) it is awesome.

Wonder how many local guys and gals are on here. We could have a meet and greet there

The Impending Decent was FANTASTIC! Stopped by the other day and had a few glasses. Sneaks up on you with that 10.9% though! Also filled 2 growlers to go!

Booked a Saturday brewery tour for the guys. I was hoping to be there for this Scratch, but couldn't get an open Saturday until February. I hope February's offering is as good.

i think there scrath seriers always has atleast one really good one everytime i have been there. there new brewery is amazing and i got a growler of impending descent i got like two glasses left i should of finished it last night but like said above that 10.9% snuck up on me lol. now its like a surup oh well still good.

Of course my luck.... i was there and the next day they had 2 new Scratch series beers coming out the NEXT DAY!!!

Did they bottle any of Impending Descent? By the sounds of it, I need to get my hands on some. I look forward to Nugget Nectar every year and I'd reach for a 6er of Hopback Amber if nothing else struck me at the local bottle shops. Big fan of their hoppy brews

Love the new brewery, but unfortunately I won't be out that way anytime soon.

im not sure if they bottled any i know they do bottle scratch beers but my guess is if they did bottle its long gone they blew threw this beer. just looked on there face book they bottle 500 cases might get lucky.

None left at the brewery. They had a belgian tripel i believe from their scratch in bottles... and they only had i believe it was 3 kegs of impending decent left at the time. So i would guess they are out of impending decent. By the way I was there, wednesday the 19th.

They had impending descent in bottles when I was there but that was the same week it was released.

I find most of their scratch beers to be very good even if they aren't a style I generally drink (ie stout). I almost always get a scratch when I go to the brewery. Just neat to see the professionals experimenting like we do.

I live in Hershey so I frequent troegs quite often. I have to agree that the impending decent was excellent. They also did a cool mix with mad elf and dreamweaver this year called mad dream. It was very popular and they actually ran out of dreamweaver for a bit.

It also helps that my father in law that I go with works for briess who provides malt to troegs. So we get comped every once in a while when someone recognizes us. :)

I was there yesterday and had a few of the perpetual IPA which I love. I wish they would keep the nugget nectar on year round. Anyhow the place was packed, but the wife and I had a good time. I got a growler of PIPA to go, which I just finished off. The other day I was with a few friends at a pizza brew pub and was talking about Troegs and how I was not big a fan of their Mad Elf which most everyone is. A sales rep turned around and told us the Mad Elf was 12.5% I told him I enjoyed it more in its earlier stages before it was so polished ,it come off to me as a over polished commercial beer. Nothing like the more raw craft beer it once was.

im not sure if they bottled any i know they do bottle scratch beers but my guess is if they did bottle its long gone they blew threw this beer. just looked on there face book they bottle 500 cases might get lucky.

They did bottle but it was a limited release and they blew through half of them on the first day alone.

Had a bottle of their Dead Reckoning Porter that I received in a mixed six pack for Xmas and was impressed with that offering. Will keep Troegs in mind when I am out doing a little R & D as my daughter calls it.

Back