So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled a Stone Sublimely Self Righteous clone to make room for the Irish Red ale I'm brewing tomorrow (gah, it's already today). It'll be my first batch on my new burner!

Milling the grains today for an Irish Red tomorrow. Look like this will be the coldest brew day since I started doing AG in the garage. Should be interesting....particularly if the hose is frozen and I can't chill.

Milling the grains today for an Irish Red tomorrow. Look like this will be the coldest brew day since I started doing AG in the garage. Should be interesting....particularly if the hose is frozen and I can't chill.

bring the hose in now to thaw if your weather is anything like it is here. I was thinking about brewing today but it's probably in the mid 20's - no way..

Got a brewferm triple going before bed last night with 2L Trappist, slappack starter bubbling like a monkey now. Gearing up for bock, muntons or black rock? Just looking at reviews.

Just starting the boil on a 10 gallon batch of Pils/Wheat/Rye/Vienna. To be split into two fermentations of Hefe and S05.

A breezy 85 degrees here, this afternoon.

I just brewed an experimental batch yesterday. I was experimenting with doing an extreme sMaSh- 11 lbs aromatic malt ONLY and one 1 oz Perle hop addition at 60min. I know that aromatic malt has enough enzymatic potential to convert itself, so... figured I'd give it a shot. 1.5qt/lb water at 150 for 1 hour. 1 hour boil.

I'm just finishing up a batch of Two Hearted Ale. It's 76-degrees and sunny outside right now. Perfect brew day.

Just mashed in my IIPA. Oh those hops smell so good!
Heres my recipe
10lbs Pale LME
2lbs Extra Light DME
2lbs Brown Malt
8oz 2 Row Brewers
50/50 Maltose-Glucose
2 oz Amarillo
3/4 oz Simcoe
1/2 Warrior
Wyeast 1099
Dryhop
1/2 oz Warrior
1/4 oz Simcoe
1 oz Amarillo
1 oz Citra

Girlfriend hates it. She says it smells funny. Im loving it.

While the SWMBO was at work, I bottle my first all-grain batch, 2.5 gallon sMasH with 5lbs of 2-row and 1oz of Cascade. I love the Cascade hop. Then, I brewed up a 5 gal batch of an American Wheat. Used 2oz of Hallertau hops, I've never used them before, so here's to something new. :mug: I was trying to duplicate the Tidal Wave Wheat that I found on South Padre Island's brewpub. No luck with finding a recipe yet..

my red ale is ready to be bottled, so i plan on maybe doing that tonight once the kids are in bed. :mug:

Faaaaaa&&&&&&&££££?@€%#¥¥!

Write 100 times. I will not allow my beer kit and 1kg of sugar to boil over unattended again.
(and burn to a cinder and coat the oven and floor and mat in sticky crud.). What a pain. Just minutes from finishing. Why did I boil it??? Ugh lucky I had another kit but hours spent mopping and dismantling the oven. Feel my pain.

Have German Alt in the pot boiling away with a new setup that is so far just awesome.

Bayou classic propane burner (more like space shuttle rocket boosters!)
32 quart pot with valve/thermometer to allow direct feed into fermenter
3 concrete blocks to raise it up for direct transfer after chilling
Sweet Porter style home brew I just opened up after 8 weeks of waiting!

This is my second German style beer (did a Kolsch about 4 weeks ago) - loving the variety!

Have German Alt in the pot boiling away with a new setup that is so far just awesome.

Bayou classic propane burner (more like space shuttle rocket boosters!)
32 quart pot with valve/thermometer to allow direct feed into fermenter
3 concrete blocks to raise it up for direct transfer after chilling
Sweet Porter style home brew I just opened up after 8 weeks of waiting!

This is my second German style beer (did a Kolsch about 4 weeks ago) - loving the variety!

I also did an Alt today...with a similar setup it sounds like...my Blichman burner on legs sits on concrete blocks also...I drain from HTL to mash tun to boil kettle that then gets back up on burner for easy drain to fermenter!
5564717346_e8062b3d84.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

pitched the yeast on my Moose Drool clone two hours ago and am about ready to pitch on a yeast starter for this weeks brew. My first all grain was a total success!

chezhed said:
I also did an Alt today...with a similar setup it sounds like...my Blichman burner on legs sits on concrete blocks also...I drain from HTL to mash tun to boil kettle that then gets back up on burner for easy drain to fermenter!
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice! I had Alt in Dusseldorf several years ago and it was amazing I'm hoping to replicate some of that.

My recipe was a kit from Midwest - Excelsior Altbier. What did you use?

I finally got back on the horse today. I haven't brewed since the beginning of January. In the interim I did manage to make 45 gallons of soda for my sisters wedding and kick every keg of beer that I did have on hand.

With all that out of the way, I'm just finishing up with a Southern English Brown. I've got an small version of an IPA coming up next.

Wish i was, decided to do some brew house enhancements instead. Finished the collar for my keezer, cleaned out the garage, and procured another 5lb c02 tank and regulator to install. Can't keep a brewer bored, if they're not brewing beer they are working on equipment/set-up's!

Brewed 10 gallons of a lighter version of my standard wheat. Reduced the gravity a bit, and thinned it out by bumping up the flaked wheat to 4lbs. Aiming to try making a lighter summer brew.

Everything went smoothly, rig ran like a top.

5 gallons will be Hefeweissen and is fermenting with Wy3068.

5 gallons is fermenting with US-05 and will be a Blueberry Wheat.

:)

Bottled 5g of my unnamed apa, and 3g of my mini citri(all-citra apa). These are going to be great summer quaffers! Definitely the lightest beers I've made yet.

Also bought #2 stoppers and an extra racking cane for parts to use on a bmbf and as a pick up tube for my new bottling bucket. I think my old bottling bucket has been the culprit for several tainted batches...it will plague me no more!

I need to learn to love brewing in the rain! LOL canceled anothrer brew day yesterday because of an all day heavy rain.

Will brew next weekend for the first time since the last batch for NHC three weeks ago.

Not sure what yet. Either a Pelican Pub Kiwanda Cream Ale type beer (blond with all of the hops in the whirlpool) or a double brew day doing a roggenbier and a smoked roggenbier. Probably the latter if the weather is nice.

brewed 3 beers this weekend! AHS anniversary stout on sat, AHS anniversary maiback and mr beer dobblebock on sunday

craigmil said:
Nice! I had Alt in Dusseldorf several years ago and it was amazing I'm hoping to replicate some of that.

My recipe was a kit from Midwest - Excelsior Altbier. What did you use?

6 lbs Munich type 1
6 lbs Carafoam
4 oz roast barley
1 oz hallertau 90 min
1 oz tettnang 20 min
safeale k-57
Water additives

Hit targets dead on this time!

Back