country malt group order in the charlotte/greensboro n.c. areas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to get a quick line in. I want to order 2 sacs. Fawcett Maris Otter and Fawcett Golden Promise. I didn't see what the exact prices were so if someone could pm me or just reply I'd appreciate it.

I'll look at this thread in more detail tonight when I get some more time and maybe I'll just figure it out then.

Easier for you to look at earlier posts. We have tentative comittments for 2035 lbs. now, so that is the price-point in the catalog. Looks like right now shipping will be $4.86/bag.

Ok, cool. My payment was based on $5.75 per bag shipping (plus the PITA tip), so even though I stuck you with the fee, I think I'm good.

I think this will all be more clear come this weekend. I hope to have a firm total price by then. I'm good if you're good. I can always Paypal you back the difference;)

I think this will all be more clear come this weekend. I hope to have a firm total price by then. I'm good if you're good. I can always Paypal you back the difference;)

Keep it. I paid $45 for 55lbs of Gambrinus Pale Ale. In my book, I got a great deal no matter how you look at it. I don't care how much of that $45 goes into your pocket.

Keep it. I paid $45 for 55lbs of Gambrinus Pale Ale. In my book, I got a great deal no matter how you look at it. I don't care how much of that $45 goes into your pocket.

Well actually it will be going into my gas tank for the delivery:D. But yeah, I think it's a good deal all the way around.

ReelAle, Barc,
Which Vienna are we splitting 3-ways? Bairds 55lb at $0.54, Best 55lb at .51, Franco-Belges 55lb at .52, or Great Western 50lb at .57 ?

I'm going to add another bag of some kind of 2-row/pale/MO to my order also, so add another bag total to the mix. Soon as I know what Vienna I'll paypal the cash over to you.

ReelAle, Barc,
Which Vienna are we splitting 3-ways? Bairds 55lb at $0.54, Best 55lb at .51, Franco-Belges 55lb at .52, or Great Western 50lb at .57 ?

I'm going to add another bag of some kind of 2-row/pale/MO to my order also, so add another bag total to the mix. Soon as I know what Vienna I'll paypal the cash over to you.

off to look at the catalog....be right back.

I like the Franco-Belges, seems to be a litle lighter SRM. I don't care though, any of those will work for me.

Don't really care either way... Since Reelale spoke up and said Franco-Belges, I think that's what we'll go with. Plus, he's coordinating so I'd say let's keep him happy! :)

Looks like I have a little time this p.m. I think I'll put together a spreadsheet with everyone's order, the price, etc. That way, everyone won't have to read back through the posts to see what's going on. And if/when the price-points change, it's a simple cell edit. Anyone know if/how you can post an xls file here?

Oh... and the "how" part....

when you post the message, look below the text window and click the "Manage Attachments" button.

Looks like I have a little time this p.m. I think I'll put together a spreadsheet with everyone's order, the price, etc. That way, everyone won't have to read back through the posts to see what's going on. And if/when the price-points change, it's a simple cell edit. Anyone know if/how you can post an xls file here?

You should be able to attach a file...

Below the Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons, there are Additional Options. Click on Manage Attachments then just attach as you would anything else.

EDIT: Walker pretty much summed it up.

I hope this goes smoothly for there to be a round 2. I'd like to get in on this, but I am moving next month and I don't think I should press my luck just yet with SWMBO. Next time though. Good luck to you all on a smooth transaction.

I'd like to get in on this, but I am moving next month and I... blah blah blah. Whine, sniff, cry...

I'm moving next month, too and I'm getting over 3 sacks. What's your excuse now, Mr. "I don't wanna upset my SWMBO cuz I'm a wuss?!"

But seriously, I'm sure someone can hold a sack of grain for you if you're not wanting to move it (which I totally understand even if I am a bit unsympathetic).

I'm moving next month, too and I'm getting over 3 sacks. What's your excuse now, Mr. "I don't wanna upset my SWMBO cuz I'm a wuss?!"

But seriously, I'm sure someone can hold a sack of grain for you if you're not wanting to move it (which I totally understand even if I am a bit unsympathetic).

Agreed. If you just don't want to move it, I can stash it at my house and even deliver it to you in Durham whenever you want it.

If it's a money thing, I can front you until SWMBO says it's OK to buy grain, and then you can pay me and I'll STILL deliver it to Durham. :D

Who is Dallas W? I've got ur' money! Please post your HBT username in the comments section when you paypal. Helps me keep things straight;)

Sorry about that, 300 character limit in the comments field, and I wanted to make sure you could see my math and double check it... Saturday was a *long* day :tank:

Not a problem. I'll post the spreadsheet when I get home this evening.

Agreed. If you just don't want to move it, I can stash it at my house and even deliver it to you in Durham whenever you want it.

If it's a money thing, I can front you until SWMBO says it's OK to buy grain, and then you can pay me and I'll STILL deliver it to Durham. :D

Yeah, I pretty much figured that was coming. I would expect no less from a bunch of GRABASSers. And it's a number of things, space is one and money for another. Moving in with SWMBO so we gotta go buy a bunch of furniture that matches and crap like that. I do appreciate the offers guys, but at least I know who I can buy some cheap bulk grain from until the next buy!

but at least I know who I can buy some cheap bulk grain from until the next buy!

I'll charge you at least 5 times what I paid for it, plus a handling fee. That way, you won't get too used to it...

Sorry for the delay. If you think this was easy, you're wrong. :cross: It was a moving target. So, here is the spreadsheet as promised. Rest assured, I will be checking this again when everything is final, and I am sober (did you all know that apfelwein gets better with time? It is truly a linear relationship). Please remember to do as Walker suggested, I can't/won't eat any paypal fees. Also, please let know you're user name when you paypal. Ideally, we can get the truck to deliver to Apex. Otherwise, I'll have to unload, reload, and deliver. I much prefer the former. Anyway, I've attached the spreadsheet as a zip, since I will probably be the only one who needs to change it. Please check ur order, and the math. Let me know if anything needs to be changed, as I have already stated my alibi.

Spreadsheet updated: 6 Apr, 1656

View attachment CM_order.zip

Reelale,

Thanks for doing this. My order is correct. Let me know when and where the delivery is and if I can help with anything.

I would be interested in getting a bag. what malt are we thinking? How much a bag?

Funds are arriving, I'll update the spreadsheet later today (again:drunk:).

Back