First post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme

Reaction score
Hello all, first time post to this forum. Have been all grain brewing for several years now due to the lack of quality beers in my area. Had been brewing what I thought were big hoppy brews until I decided to fly down to Denver for the 2005 GABF to taste and learn. The first beer I tryed was Alesmiths IPA which blew me away, then after sampling alot of others I tryed Russian Rivers offerings which blew my mind. Long story short, I have been trying to brew bigger ever since. My question is that I would like to go from 5gal to 10 gal batches. In my recipes do i just double everything? What are good resources for recipes on the web?

Thanks

bigger batches or bigger beers? which one do you want?

JK, yeah double your ingredients and your equipment size. the bittering hops may have to be adjusted. as far as web resources, i just google the style i want and look at all the different sites until i decide that none are exactly what i want and i make up my own.

Back