Batch #1, bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

setag9

Reaction score
Well, my first ever batch of homebrew is done and bottled. Now for impatiently waiting patiently for the next few weeks.

I made a True Brew Pale Ale kit for my first batch to keep it easy. I let the wort sit in the primary for two weeks before bottling it today, I have heard that more time in the fermenter is not a bad thing.

Next up, a True Brew Nut Brown Ale is on deck for the next batch.

It is better to let it sit for longer but the first batch is really hard to be patient. Get busy on that second batch right away and have your third batch ready by the time that one is done. :D

I always let mine sit in the primary for a minimum of two weeks and then either secondary for 2 or more weeks or let it stay in the primary to finish. The yeast monsters need their time to do their thing and after fermentation they still do a lot of good work for your beer if you can find the strength to resist temptation :mug:

Congrats man!

Do you have any pictures you could share? I love seeing people get the first brew done and I like it even more when you finally get to enjoy it. It is such an exciting process!

Thanks guys. I do know that more time in the fermenter is a good thing but, as you already pointed out, the eagerness to taste that first batch overrode my patience. Getting a 5 gallon carboy for a secondary is definitely in my near future so I can increase my production.

Unfortunately, no pictures. I'll be sure to take one when I'm enjoying that first bottle.

Back