Does anyone ever neglect sleep just to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livendadream

Reaction score
Ok, I don't really have much time(does anyone?) ,but on more than occasion I have pulled the all nighter just to brew beer. Then went to work the next day,and I was very productive. My wife says I have a problem, I told her I have a passion. Maybe I do have a problem ,but I like good beer.;)

i've stayed up late, but no all-nighters... that doesn't mean i've not considered the possibility from time to time.

it's sweet that you still made it to work, there's no chance i would.

I have to do late night brew sessions from time to time. The SWMBO has gotten pretty used to me scheduling brew days. She has realized that if I want to brew, then it is not negotiable.

I've been considering it. My free time has been dwindling since spring started. It was supposed to be my ramp up period for summer! I might have to prepare the day before and start cranking it out as soon as I get home from work and see how late I end up staying up.

Same boat here. I have a very busy schedule, so most of my brew time is time I could be sleeping. Sleep or Brew?...It's a pretty easy choice for me.

I took a vacation day from work last week and brewed. It was one of the most relaxing, worry-free days I had in a while...

Never did an all-nighter then went into work, that is just madness! (And I love it and salute you for it)

I used to. Only on a weekend but, I'd still schedule my brewing through the night after everyone else is asleep. Start about 10:00 and finish around 5:00.

BRUTAL!

Now, I am just going to take a day off of work once, maybe twice, a month.

I used to brew on weeknights - right after work. By the time I finished cleaning up, it was midnight, then some wind down time - 1 am or later.

Now if I do that, it's on a Friday -- or I blow off work early to start... Hmmm, maybe today :)

Because I have two young kids, I have often brewed or bottled until 2am or 3 am on work nights. Makes me a little less useful at work, but I make up for that by not reading HBT as much as normal.

Back