!!!!!!!! Wow !!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenSoop

Reaction score
YUM-YUM. my first homebrew down the hatch. So crisp, so fresh.

It was a cream ale kit. 4 days in primary, 17 days in secondary, aged 3 weeks in bottle, 2 days cold conditioned.

I can't wait for my next batch to be ready, a real home cooked brew, made better with what I learned here. No more kits for me.

I only put 4 beers in the fridge to cold condition, so if my wife is not home soon, it will be gone, and she will be mad. So tempting ........ I wish I put more in the fridge.

Note to all beginners - put lots of beers in the fridge.

:ban:

+1 on the patience! The first batch is always the hardest to wait for. Except maybe the next batch, or is it the one after that?

I made a cream ale 2 weeks ago, I was tempted to bottle it last night but decided to wait another week. Thanks for showing your patience, it rubbed off on me.

Believe me, it was a tough wait. Everyday, I came home after work and looked at it, and it looked back at me saying 'drink me, drink me'.

I only put 4 beers in the fridge to cold condition, so if my wife is not home soon, it will be gone, and she will be mad. So tempting ........ I wish I put more in the fridge.

Why will she be mad? Because you didn't save her any? Put some in for her now, you selfish bastard! :drunk:

The only way to solve impatience is to get a pipeline started. :D

I found this out the hard way. First batch was gone much quicker than I thought. I was thinking 5 gallons is a ton and it'll take me months to finish. 2 weeks later it was all gone.

Since then I haven't gone a week without brewing something. Pipeline indeed!

+1 to that! (Welcome to the obsession BTW!)

Also note to all beginners - BREW MORE THAN ONE BATCH!! Dont wait until your first beer is done and ready to drink before you think about starting another! You will be surprised how quickly your beer will disappear when you discover how incredibly tasty it is! (And when your friends do as well) Its tough to give just one bottle at a time to friends nowdays. They always want more!
-Me

4 days in the primary, wtf?

Yeah yeah.... I followed the kit directions. I know ...... :drunk:

Now ..... I am not touching it until minimum 2 weeks in the primary, maybe longer, then 2 weeks in secondard to dry hop.

+1 to that! (Welcome to the obsession BTW!)

Also note to all beginners - BREW MORE THAN ONE BATCH!! Dont wait until your first beer is done and ready to drink before you think about starting another! You will be surprised how quickly your beer will disappear when you discover how incredibly tasty it is! (And when your friends do as well) Its tough to give just one bottle at a time to friends nowdays. They always want more!
-Me

+1!

Congrats on the first brew. By now I am sure you are doing what I did....dreaming of kegging your brew and going to all grain. Less than 3 months after I started, I was kegging! It is the way to go! Everyone says it for a reason. No more waiting weeks for bottle conditioning.

Back