Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beer I made on day one of the world series is getting a cool new name. World Series Stout. YAY CARDS!

Not glad to see him goad I'm a die hard cards fan. but with only 30 HRs and one game in the series with 3 hrs. Yeah yeah it was amazing but I'd rather see consistently. For that kind of money that hr number should be double as well as closer to a .400 avg. Bring on the young cheaper talent!!

Who saw this coming? WOW

He turned down $275 mil (with FL's no state income tax and incentives it could have been worth upwards around $300 mil) for a no trade clause, which Miami wouldn't give him.

Needless to say, Boras is going to try to get that money for Prince but I don't think its out there. Prince may get $20 mil for 4-5 years but he won't get the 7-8 Boras wants him to get.

Since Prince became a free agent I've repeated the same mantra in my head "Please don't sign him Tigers, Please don't sign him" When Martinez went down it was "If you can sign him for 1 year OK" Now it is just " what a colossus FU"

Ok, I am confused. Why don't you want him? I admit I now hate him cause I am bitter. But why don't you want him with the Tiggers? Too long a contract? What?

He wont last 3 years... strike that ...2 years. A true one dimensional player that will fill in once in awhile at 1st base. 20 million a year for a dh? I wonder what the over under is for this guy being 300# in two years? What a slob.

I don't care anymore. If the Tigers want to sign Fielder so be it. I hope I'm wrong. Lets see what happens in the next 9 years. I think biggest mistake ever. When we signed Cabrera the big question was his weight, he had to trim down a bit to figure into the roster. Now he only has to hang out with Prince... I can see both balloon up.

First, Fielder is an athletic HUGE dude. Not "fast" athletic, but not FAT either.

Second, he will be playing first base all the time. Not a part-time 1st base/DH (according to what he reportedly told Tigers before he signed.)

Inge is likely going to be replaced by Cabrerra, and when Martinez comes back next season there could be a whole different scenario to look at.

I think it's great that they picked up an exciting player that can hit like he can! If the pitching holds, and we can get a few more base hits and home runs (or even just the THREAT of either one!) Tigers could be a scary team to play for anyone!

The length of the contract is obviously a bother, but he's still young, and while he is admittedly a 1-dimensional player, that actually is in his favor for a long term contract, since you wont' have to worry about him losing speed or range.

Don't forget Boesch is coming back. If HE can hit as well as he ought to...

Fielder just gets on base. Whether it be a hit (a lot of the time a homer) or a walk, he produces runs. Remember all that talk about him and Braun being the dynamic duo in baseball, well Detroit, now there is a new dynamic duo, Fielder and Miggy. You know have a potent as hell offense for years to come. The long contract doesn't hurt an AL team as much as a NL. If he stops making plays at 1B, toss him in the DH spot. Also he was hitting balls into the upper deck in Detroit when he was 12, cmon! I wouldn't worry about the contract. He's a better deal than Pujols at more money for longer. Pujols is 32, Fielder is 27.

I had already made my peace with Fielder being gone at the end of the year. Tried to enjoy him being on the team as much as possible this year. Even though I knew it would happen, it was still a sad day. He played a big part in turning our organization around and he will be greatly missed (especially if Gamel can't get his **** straight).

This is going to rock MLB's world. Braun is the first in history to win an appeal on MLB's performance enhancing drugs.

I figured he'd get off with a light suspension (prolly 10-20 games) but never expected this.

Great news!!!

So will cabrera follow fielder or the other way around? (batting order, not at the buffet line)

Right now it's easier to predict the buffet line... I think Cabrera will allow Fielder to go first. That way he can "carb" up like Fielder. Batting order I see Jackson, Boesch, Cabrera, Fielder. I think it would be embarrassing to watch Cabrera run past Fielder on the bases if he batted behind him.... so 3) Cabrera... 4) Fielder

This is going to rock MLB's world. Braun is the first in history to win an appeal on MLB's performance enhancing drugs.

I figured he'd get off with a light suspension (prolly 10-20 games) but never expected this.

Great news!!!

Great news that a cheater got off with no punishment?

Great news that a cheater got off with no punishment?

Why do you say that he's a cheater? Do you believe that MLB's process is flawed? Did the panel reach the wrong conclusion? On what basis do you make that statement?

Im gonna check in as a Twins fan, its gonna be another rough season for us I think. At least we have a nice stadium I can go to, that serves Summit. :mug:

Back