Playoffs NHL or NBA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel4482

Reaction score
I am switching back and forth from the NHL playoff game canadiens v. bruins and the NBA playoff game magic v. hawks while enjoying some homebrew. I was wondering which playoffs people enjoyed more with a brew.

honestly i can say, Ive never watched a full basketball game except for maybe a couple minutes. Find it very boring. Now hockey playoffs is where its at! Nothing like watching the vancouver canucks kick some chicago a$$ and having some homebrew!

cheers!

NHL without a doubt. I didn't even know the NBA playoffs were happening, nor do I want to.

Let's go Predators!

I like hockey better than basketball, my wife likes basketball better. Guess which we watch? :D

NRS

Hockey over Basketball any day. I mean basketball games really need only be 5 minutes long, since it's only the last 5 minutes that matters. And the rest of it is just plain boring. Just how relevant or important is a score when a game can be 100 points to 101 points just because some doofus sinks a basket in the last second?

I am not enjoying the Bruins this year, but NHL >> NBA. Watched the Celtics in game 7 of the finals last year and was quickly reminded of why I don't watch pro basketball--it's more hype than sport.

Hockey over Basketball any day. I mean basketball games really need only be 5 minutes long, since it's only the last 5 minutes that matters. And the rest of it is just plain boring. Just how relevant or important is a score when a game can be 100 points to 101 points just because some doofus sinks a basket in the last second?

it's all about the back and forth. It's about how many un-answered points you can score. It's about consistency over the entire 48 minutes, scoring every time you have possession. It's entirely different than football or hockey, where each point has major weight. It's not about the quantity of points, its about how consistently you can score them.

Phucking ass clowns. The Knicks are in the NBA playoffs ... Get with the program :)
Sorry : loaded out of my mind crazy!!!!

Go Knicks

buffalobrewer said:
nhl without a doubt! Sabres leave philly with the home ice advantage!!

Are you drinking homebrew or smoking crack? my Flyers finished 2nd in the east for a reason. Better team, better coaching, better defense, better offense. (ryan miller is the man, though. Gotta give it to him) oh..and the sabres are leVing philly with the series tied at one.

Now, as far as the purpose of this thread? Is the nba even still in business? Shame.

flyers in 6, and to make it interesting, im willing to bet you a case or keg of the homebrew of your choice....hand delivered to buffalo :eek:

Damn the bruins anyway, letting Montreal get 2 up on them. Looks like Ryder won't be bringing the cup this way anytime soon.
Guess it will have to be Cleary and the Wings again ... or even Clowe and the Sharks could pull it off yet.

If none of them then Go Canucks.

NHL and Flyers any day! They are doing awesome, was a great game last night! Had to watch that while drinking a Belgian Abbey Dog Butt.

beerloaf

So, I guess that means NBA for me. I will be rooting Canucks in NHL though.

I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything other than this Torpedo Extra IPA in my sniffer at the moment though. **** balls, it's sooo good! I'm a night shifter, btw, so I'm allowed to imbibe at 8am. Prosit!

NHL all the way, I'm an original 6'er.
TTTTHHHHHEEEEE Rangers :rockin:
I'm taking an extreme chance this afternoon, I'll be watching the Rangers and brewing a Hefeweizen simultaneously, hope I don't puke in the wort :cross:

Thunder up!

image-2829522782.png

Too bad there's not an official poll at the top of this, but informally it looks like the NHL is smoking the NBA. Though Joel, I gave you a vote for each since you were flipping back and forth.

techyakker said:
NHL all the way, I'm an original 6'er.
TTTTHHHHHEEEEE Rangers :rockin:
I'm taking an extreme chance this afternoon, I'll be watching the Rangers and brewing a Hefeweizen simultaneously, hope I don't puke in the wort :cross:

Sorry bud. The only Rangers worth watching are the Texas kind. What the F is a New York Ranger anyway?

If it's a game (puck, ball, whutever) I'll watch it. Even golf (and I hate golf) just to see some numbnut blow it in the last round on the 18th hole.

Go (insert your favorite team here)!

Too bad there's not an official poll at the top of this, but informally it looks like the NHL is smoking the NBA. Though Joel, I gave you a vote for each since you were flipping back and forth.

You should be a politician making such blanket statements with no data. :D

FWIW, I've been protesting hockey since the Brett Hull "goal" in Game 6 of the 1999 finals. A freaking triple-OT game ends with a blown call (where the refs could have and should have reviewed and disallowed), and the NHL response of "well, we were gonna change the rule anyway the following year, so we'll give the Cup to the Stars."

For that, and the failure that is the Coyotes, I say feck hockey. :D

Back