Where to go in Phoenix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four Peaks in Tempe has good food and brew. There are a few chains, like BJ'S and Rock Bottom. And San Tan in Chandler has good food and beer. Four Peaks is my favorite.
Zac
YEA, KILTLIFTER!

Ditto on four peaks in Temp. Their scottish is excellent. They have a nice website too.

Tempe is a college town. You can't throw a stone without hitting a bar there.

Mesa has some great restaurants. Ask around about Los Dos Molinos for some incredible mexican.

If you want to eat like an ASU student, go get yourself a Firedog from underneath the bridge spanning University Drive near the frosh dorms on the norhtern side of the campus (near the stadium). There is a guy there with a hot dog cart and I swear I've never had dogs so good anywhere else.

+1 on Four Peaks, one of my favorites! I have been visiting San Tan brewery lately, good beer and pretty damn good food, I went to the food and beer pairing that they do on the first tuesday of each month, I always learn something when I attend those events.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I defiantly want to hit up four peeks, I had some of their beer in Tuscon this summer, and liked them a lot.

olllllo: We will be at the Residence inn near Glendale (N. Black Canyon Freeway--I hope its not on the Freeway), and will be going to games in Peoria, Surprise and Tempe. So we will be doing a some driving.

Four peeks brewery was great, I think I had a chubby when I saw all their Stainless tanks proudly on display! Though I was a little intimidated when we (Wife and her parents) parked in what felt like the heart of ASU, the scene there was not overwhelmingly a collage scene. I when to school at UCSB, so I was thinking that it might be a little like IV on a Friday night, but it was great. Did not make it to many other places, but am looking forward to spring training next year.

I'll be heading to Phoenix (Mesa actually, to see the Black Keys) and was wondering if these are still the places to go. Any others to add?

Papago.
Sonora.
Four Peaks.
Sleepy Dog.

Thanks.

Back