Ouch, I blew my Denny's Rye IPA extract kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBUDGO

Reaction score
Tottally forgot to add the corn sugar.

Discovered it after cleaning up after filling the fermenter.

Crap, right?:(:confused:

Grrr.

Thanks

It doesn't matter. Whatever makes it dissolve. I would probably do 3 or 4 cups. I just eyeball it.

Well, I may be OK. Thanks to your sage advice. it's fermenting and Bubbling like a bugger and the Krausen loooks good like previous batches. I did not get an OG reading but i think i'll be ok. Will report later.

Thanks again to Dale1038 and Vabrewer

Cheers :mug:

Getting ready to go to the secondary vessel and dry hopping. my first dry hop recipe. Seems pretty straight forward. I cant wait to taste it completed.

I'm ready to bottle

I did my dry hopping in the primary and did a cold crash, as advised here prior to boottling to get things settled out. I threw the carboy in my beer fridge which I planned to do for just a couple of days before bottling.

Well, I got busy and was traveling. and It's been in the fridge for over a week. I'm planning to bottle tonight. If it's still worth doing.

Did I mess it up, beyond hope??? :(:confused::mad:

Thanks

Bud

it's never beyond hope.

remember the panic you had when you thought that not adding that corn sugar was gonna ruin your batch?

everyone said relax and it turned out OK, right?

same thing here.

bottle tonight, enjoy it in a couple weeks.

when you see or hear someone say "Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew" (RDWHAHB), realize that it's not just a saying that homebrewers like to use. it's not a philosophy, it's ADVICE.

Relax - people like us have been doing this for centuries, but we have the benefit of better equipment, technique and ingredients. plus an almost unlimited pool of resources on the internet

don't worry - you really have to TRY to ruin your beer to actually ruin it

have a homebrew - like any hobby, it takes practice. tasty, tasty practice

Back