Homemadesoda syrups?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramdough

Reaction score
I have almost all of the parts for a post-mix setup with a bar gun. Anyone ever make your own syrups? Please post recipes or links to threads. I am mostly interested in root beer but would take comments on any recipe.

Thanks

Anyone know how the big guys do it? I assume they just use extracts and don't add as much water.

I'd be interested in a good root beer recipe too. I've seen many, but they all require a significant effort to get the odd roots, and then there's very little testimonial indicating if the recipe was worthwhile or not.

I've made extract root beer with fair success, so I'm hesitant to change that.

Making syrup is easy enough. Post-mix syrup is usually a 5:1 mix ratio (water:syrup), so if you made an invert sugar, top up with water so it's flowable, add an extract and you're good to go.

I find that sometimes if I don't like an extract, I can usually use if as a starting point and add other extracts such as anise or vanilla to get where I want to with it.

You could also try getting some flavors from the Prairie Moon company, they're pretty popular.

Back