Complain about your wife/girlfriend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emiller0408

Reaction score
Wife/girlfriend hates your home brewing? Hates the amount of beer you drink? Hates that you don't make more money? Hates that you like the dog better than her? Feel free to complain about it here. We can swap war stories.

It says general beer discussion....since women drive us to drink, I think this qualifies . Take your complaints that away------>

man, sounds like you need a divorce...
all joking aside. what does SHE do that pisses you off...out weight the latter?
learn to make agreements so both sides are in "fair" ground.

why be with someone who hates everything you do?!?! or vice-versa :D

She doesn't hate all that stuff. I was just giving examples. She just mainly hates the money I spend on home brewing....which is understandable. I spend a lot on it, but enjoy brewing.

My wife sucks. Lets me brew whenever I want, picks up my gear and ingredients for me when I can't, plays video games with me, and supports me pretty much no matter what I do. Terrible.

I'll not complain at all. She loves beer, and the type of beer I love to drink. She supportive in my brewing in every way including Financially and being my arms since I had a shoulder surgery that prevents me from lifting brew stuff.

I feel for you guys that don't have a woman that at least puts up with your brewing.

If brewing is truly important to you, whoever you love should be at least somewhat supportive and understanding about it, otherwise IMO its a sign of a deeper problem.

My wife sucks. Lets me brew whenever I want, picks up my gear and ingredients for me when I can't, plays video games with me, and supports me pretty much no matter what I do. Terrible.

Dude, how'd you draw such a $hitty card in life? That sucks man.

Yea really no complaints here. First date she bought me a sixer of Founder Centennial IPA cause she knew I loved beer! Fast forward 3 years later and I'm building a 1bbl brewery and she doesn't say a peep. She won't drink it and she hates the smell of the process but doesn't complain at all.

CoalCracker said:
Yea really no complaints here. First date she bought me a sixer of Founder Centennial IPA cause she knew I loved beer! Fast forward 3 years later and I'm building a 1bbl brewery and she doesn't say a peep. She won't drink it and she hates the smell of the process but doesn't complain at all.

I've never understood how people hate the smell of brewing. I have a buddy whose wife makes him brew in the driveway. My wife enjoys the malt smell you get when boiling but isn't a fan of raw hop aroma which blows my mind. Every time I open up my hops and smell them my mouth literally waters.

SWMBO detests the smell of boiling wort. Specifically, she hates the smell of hops. The amusing part is that she knows exactly where I am in the boil by the way the wort smells. A recent conversation went like this:

"Honey, you're close to your 2nd addition if you have added it yet."
(2min left on the timer) "Wha? How'd you know?"
"It stinks more than it did over 30 min ago, but not as bad as it does when you're done. Did you use Warrior or Simcoe on this one? Smells more pungent than your last one."
"Wha? How'd you come to that conclusion?"
"'Cause I know that those are the two you use the most when you're making those bitter beers and you did a sweet beer last time. You always change it up."
"Oh. I'm using both in this one."

My SWMBO fully supports my hobbies and even surprises me by bringing home ingredients - totally unasked for! It goes something like:
I saw the recipe you were reading and since I was in town I figured I would pick up some of the things you checked and didn't have!
I reckon I'll have to keep her!

My woman brews with me, doesn't mind picking up something if I need it, drinks craft beer with me all the time. :D So it looks like I too drew a bad card...oh well guess I'm stuck with her.

My wife and I have a system. It's really her system, because I'd get rid of it in a second if I could. I call it the 'wife tax'.

She loves when I buy stuff, because she goes out and spends the same amount of money on something for herself. She knows I won't complain, because I just spent the money too.

This keeps me from overspending. Since everything I buy ends up costing me twice as much, I have to really want it badly. I end up passing on a lot of stuff to avoid the 'wife tax'.

:off:I believe this is very similar to the taxation system Mitt Romney was complaining about during the last debate.:)

I have to wait for my wife to take a business trip to the west coast to make fried chicken hearts like I am doing tonight. Don't you pity me?

You guys all suck!!! The potential in this thread was awesome and you all go and talk all sweet about your wives. My wife rocks. In a big ass way. But there are lots of things she does that pisses me off. This is a good thread to use to ***** about it! So come on. Quit being all ***** whipped and tell us what you dont like about her! Now, that being said, my wife hasnt pissed me off in awhile and i really cant complain :)

That's funny, I'd have to agree with most posters here about my wife. She pretty much supports my addiction no matter what. Here's what annoying though--she's always equally positive about every beer I brew. It doesn't matter if it's the best or the...er, not-best beer I've ever done, she never gives any real feedback. My buddies are much better. Two guys I drink with quite a bit, they're not critical, but they do point out differences between beers I've brewed, even two in the same style. And I know I've done right when they drink one and give it a good review.

emiller0408 said:
Wife/girlfriend hates your home brewing? Hates the amount of beer you drink? Hates that you don't make more money? Hates that you like the dog better than her? Feel free to complain about it here. We can swap war stories.

Sounds like you'd need a new one with a lot that wrong haha.

I got one complaint she drinks all my Damn beer. I'm gonna have to stick to brewing ipas so I have stuff to enjoy

edmanster said:
My wife doesn't mind how much or often as long as I don't leave a mess but wants nothing to do with it.. the girlfriend wants to learn :)

LOL....I like what you did there. Speaking of drinking, I'm drinking a really green honey ale right now that's giving me super-gas. Carbonation is there, and it has a good body, but I think there's still some yeast in there giving me gut-rot. It's been in bottles about a week and a half.

WildGingerBrewing said:
You guys all suck!!! The potential in this thread was awesome and you all go and talk all sweet about your wives. My wife rocks. In a big ass way. But there are lots of things she does that pisses me off. This is a good thread to use to ***** about it! So come on. Quit being all ***** whipped and tell us what you dont like about her! Now, that being said, my wife hasnt pissed me off in awhile and i really cant complain :)

And yeah....let's step it up a bit here. You don have to get too nasty, just blow off a little steam.

My wife is as mean as hell.
She works while I'm retired.
Hates/loathes/despises mass produced so-called american beer.
Gives me ideas for some beers.
Didn't complain when I was buying a lotta guns, as long as she got the ones she wanted.

I hate it when I ask what she wants for dinner and she says she doesn't care. Then when I bring home food and make food she says she doesn't want that. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

^^^^^^ This. My wife is the EXACT same way. I got my extra SKS as long she got her .357 mag.

My wife: Oh, you bought another AR15? Nice........I want a Walther P22 with laser sights.
Me: Noooooo problem, dear.
My wife: Maybe later, we'll get the paperwork done and get a suppressor to go with it.
Me: Sounds like a winner.
My wife: Great! Lets go to Taco Mac's and have some good beers.
Me: <Sniff> I love you.

Blademaker said:
My wife: Oh, you bought another AR15? Nice........I want a Walther P22 with laser sights.
Me: Noooooo problem, dear.
My wife: Maybe later, we'll get the paperwork done and get a suppressor to go with it.
Me: Sounds like a winner.
My wife: Great! Lets go to Taco Mac's and have some good beers.
Me: <Sniff> I love you.

Me: I'm gonna go play Xbox.
Wife: what? I thought we were watching dancing with the stars?
Me: that show stinks.
Wife: you used to watch it with me.
Me: that's when I was still trying to get in your pants.
Wife: whatever.

My GF never answers her phone. I'll call and get her voicemail, and usually she'll call back about an hour later. Sometimes not. She doesn't do it on purpose, just turns the volume down to the vibration, then drops it in her purse. Doesn't hear it, doesn't feel it. Realistically, it's a minor irritation to me. But what really sent me over the edge on day was when she didn't answer her phone after dropping of a LOT of job applications. Seriously, turn the effing volume up. You may be getting a callback on a job.:mad:

My GF never answers her phone. I'll call and get her voicemail, and usually she'll call back about an hour later. Sometimes not. She doesn't do it on purpose, just turns the volume down to the vibration, then drops it in her purse. Doesn't hear it, doesn't feel it. Realistically, it's a minor irritation to me. But what really sent me over the edge on day was when she didn't answer her phone after dropping of a LOT of job applications. Seriously, turn the effing volume up. You may be getting a callback on a job.:mad:

Sounds like she's just not that into you.

My wife was terrible. Too many complaints to list. So I threw him out.
Bwahahaha At least he brought donuts home ;)

My pet peeve with my wife is similar to this. She never answers her phone! We can be texting and when I get tired of texting and just call, she doesn't answer? Really??? the phone is in your hand! you are sending me a text!!! You can't answer it?!?!?!

Wow. Don't hear that one very often.:mug:
This means something different in this thread :ban:

Just wait until the woman you complain about find this thread. Then you'll be complaining that you're sleeping on your sofa. ;)

Back