Pretty good Craig's List score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befus

Reaction score
Saw this back a couple of weeks under wine in the local Craig's List. Had a little trouble getting arraignments made, but finally met today and exchanged $50 for the items in the photo. More or less, there are two nine gallon fermenters identified as E.C. Kraus Tuff Tanks, a bottle tree with bottle sanitizer and an extension, some cleaning and sanitizing powder, sodium bisulfite, measuring cup and spoons, and assorted other goodies. I'll be brewing larger than five gallon batches soon (7-7.5?) with this addition to the brewing closet and all in all I did pretty well I think. :)

Craigs list.jpg

Think I've got a better deal in the works. Some guy on Craigslist is selling 2 glass carboys, a carboy carrier, a stainless steel wort chiller, 2 double gauge CO2 regulators, a hydrometer, a bottle tree, bottle capper, and all kinds of other miscellaneous stuff like fittings, bottle washing equipment, racking cane, etc. for $100. I'm hoping to score it tonight.

I just realized your kitchen looks earily similar to mine. Even down to the wreath on the pantry door. Weird.

I snagged 24 1L swingtops, a 6 gallon glass carboy, 2 3-gallon glass demijohns, ~75 empty 12 oz bottles and a 5 bucket chest freezer for $65 this week :) I love craigslist.

Looks good. However, I challenge anyone to beat my $5 yard sale keggle lol :)

Think I've got a better deal in the works. Some guy on Craigslist is selling 2 glass carboys, a carboy carrier, a stainless steel wort chiller, 2 double gauge CO2 regulators, a hydrometer, a bottle tree, bottle capper, and all kinds of other miscellaneous stuff like fittings, bottle washing equipment, racking cane, etc. for $100. I'm hoping to score it tonight.

Dang you boys are a tough audience :) Glad y'all did good, I'll just have to settle with this for now. If you add in the 40 Grolsch bottles I got for free last month I think Craig's List has been pretty good for this smaller market.

Back