Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
copyright - saw you on a bag of flaked corn. Have you gone through you other corn split?

I made cream of three crops with some of my corn stash. Overall think it is a decent beer for what it is shooting for (a chugging beer). It cost about $12-13 on the high end to brew 11G of it.

I have only a couple of # left. If the group buy powers (e.g. you) were willing to split it, I would also take a .5 share instead of a full sack. :)

I have only a couple of # left. If the group buy powers (e.g. you) were willing to split it, I would also take a .5 share instead of a full sack. :)

Ha - I guess I at least get a pinch of power on HBT haha

yeah I recall the splits were small, I will have to see what I have in the stores. Truthfully I am not sure what brews I will use it for going forward. I liked the altbier I brewed so much I am not sure if I would rebrew the cream of the crops, rather chase that style a bit more.

Have any good cream ale or similar recipes using corn?

I wanted to do a PBR clone, but I think that is mostly rice.

Ha - I guess I at least get a pinch of power on HBT haha

yeah I recall the splits were small, I will have to see what I have in the stores. Truthfully I am not sure what brews I will use it for going forward. I liked the altbier I brewed so much I am not sure if I would rebrew the cream of the crops, rather chase that style a bit more.

Have any good cream ale or similar recipes using corn?

I wanted to do a PBR clone, but I think that is mostly rice.

You have to get your inventory into BeerSmith. Its great for tracking so much inventory. And plus when the next update comes out, you will be able to check your inventory from anywhere with the cloud access.

1. What is the shelf life of unmilled grain if stored properly?

2. How do you store unmilled grain properly?

:)

1. What is the shelf life of unmilled grain if stored properly?

2. How do you store unmilled grain properly?

:)

I'm using grains purchased from last July/August with no issue. However, I'm a bit whacked when it comes to storing grains. For stuff I am using regularly, I store in food grade plastic or regular plastic within a mylar bag. I invested in some buckets with gamma seal lids which I use, the gamma seal lids are great as they spin on and off for easy access. For specialty grains, I break up the split into 1# or whatever increments and vacuum seal them.

For hops, I vacuum seal them and keep them in the freezer.

I added another # of cascade and EKG for some local brewers who I'm trying to get into group buy mode.

Jeff, can you add space for another hop split, HU-90CTP Centennial?

My friends also want 4 sacks of 2-row, I can't fit another 4 sacks in my car but I added 3 more for now.

COUNT = 80.

Hey everyone. Can we hold off on adding any more bags for now. Twogunz has been out of the country and I want to make sure he has a chance to add something if he needs to. He hasn't been able to check the sheet so he has missed the furry of additions. Hate for him to not get anything, esp since he is taking the shipment for us.

if you have more grain interest, keep track and when jeff sorts this out we will see if we have enough interest to go for pallet three.

I would go in on another centennial if pushed! ;)

If the order reopens to a third pallet i will be in for 5 bags and hops too. I wont get any hops if there isnt another pallet, not worth the hour drive for me.

GRAIN IS TENTATIVELY CLOSED
HOP SPLITS ARE STILL OPEN

To gauge interest for going to a 3rd pallet for grain, please post in the forum if you would be able to purchase additional bags or join the order.

In addition, enter your pledge on this new google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dE5mckxSWnJQVGY3aXdsekZ1X3k3T3c This sheet is not access restricted, and anyone can edit it.

If we get enough pledges to account for another ~30 bags, we could add a 3rd pallet. But in order to hit a June delivery, we would need to have the additional bags accounted for in the next 2 weeks.

I just added a half of GW-C60, need someone to take the other half!

it looks like you added onto a completed split (that is why the cell turned red)

You could jump onto GW-OC60 split for C60.

However it looks like the grain bags have closed up unless we bump to another pallet.

Additional Grain Interest

Please post your continued grain interest and we will see if we have enough to make it worthwhile to go for another pallet.

Right now we have 82 bags of grain. We would need ~115 bags, if my memory serves, to close a third pallet.

Please post your interest (bags only not the type) and I will track them under your name on post #2 until we have enough interest. Keep in mind that we would need to fill the order in the next couple weeks, so post grain interest ASAP.

------------------------------------------------------
So far I have total interest (6 bags); Need 27 more bags

BryanJ - 5 bags plus hops
bellinmi88 / copyright - 1 bag (the organic C60 split)
------------------------------------------------------

I just added a half of GW-C60, need someone to take the other half!

bellinmi88, we are closed on grain since we've reached the 2 pallet limit. In addition this entry is invalid since the split total is over 1. I will remove the entry for you.

Please also read this post:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/s...oup-grain-buy-304164/index54.html#post4051617

Bellinmi88, I have a solution for you. I have a sack of the organic crystal 60 in my order (GW-OC60). It's also from Great Western, and I wanted to try it as it is only about $.10/# more than the regular NON-organic Crystal 60 (GW-C60). That works out to about $2.50 more for 1/2 sack. I'm willing to split this with you. As I live near Albany (Averill Park area), we could meet locally to do the split. Sound good?

The hops are unstoppable! :D

Rust - let me help out, you need 1 of everything haha

The hops are unstoppable! :D

Rust - let me help out, you need 1 of everything haha

lol thanks! well heres teh problem.. im still in SC but brew when i come home (which seems it might happen a lot this summer) so im getting the varieties that i would use a lot of... and i know i do...

lol thanks! well heres teh problem.. im still in SC but brew when i come home (which seems it might happen a lot this summer) so im getting the varieties that i would use a lot of... and i know i do...

ah blatherings of logic and reason.... As you can imagine, I nor anyone on this thread, has any interest in anything but encouraging others to stock up with as much folly as ourselves ;)

I agree with copyright though, the "C" hops go fast for sure.

ah blatherings of logic and reason.... As you can imagine, I nor anyone on this thread, has any interest in anything but encouraging others to stock up with as much folly as ourselves ;)

I agree with copyright though, the "C" hops go fast for sure.

True True True.. Hmmmmm quit twisting my wrists! ill be jumping on more soon :rockin:

haha, just having some fun. I mean heck I bought 2 lbs of summit, a hop I have never used before :)

what at styrian goldings good for? you talked me into it.. damn peer pressure :p

I have been using them a lot lately (because I bought a lb and they are nearly gone!). If you brew any belgian style, any kind from saisons, bl;ndes, goldens, dubbels, tripels, quads, ambers, triples, specialties seem to always use them (I have used them in goldens, tripels, quads, specialty and ESB's - planning to use them in a saison and dubbel soon too.). I would assume any British styles. I have also used them in several other beers but I need to consult my recipes to see what those brews are.

You can use them for bittering, aroma and dry hopping with really good results.

I see what you did there.. hahah! trying to sell me on those hops.. you got me "almost" still thinking about what i need and what i want to try as/when i go home.. (sadly im brewing 1000 miles away from where i am.. due to not having a house down here sucks!)

Back