The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, didn't really think that through, they -are- too far gone. I don't know. Maybe they were already in the barn and Hershel's group wanted to avoid creating a mess by killing each one and just locked it.

Yeah they would have a very hard time working a "cure" into this story. At this point, all the zombies are rotting pretty badly. The person would pretty much die right away after being "cured".

The first season was such a huge smash hit they decided to fire all the writers and get new ones!

So now we went from a fast paced action thriller to a Zombie survivor soap opera.

I'm afraid its going to go along the lines of Breaking Bad...rolling along at a snails pace until the last few episodes.

BBKing said:
I'm afraid its going to go along the lines of Breaking Bad...rolling along at a snails pace until the last few episodes.

Ah man. Breaking Bad was fantastic. It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Unfortunately, every good show does this to drag out the success a little longer. Sopranos did it with almost three whole seasons, Battlestar Galactica had two which lacked substance, Dexter has pointless episodes from time to time... the list goes on.

The only show that never faltered for me was Deadwood. I'll never understand why HBO killed that show. It was not only the best overall series I've ever watched, but one of the first which was able to keep my attention for its entire run.

The first 2-3 episodes had me doubting, but the last 3 got me hooked again.

The school was pretty great, and from there I was hooked again.

They didn't hire the writers from LOST, did they?

If they did I will save myself some stress and quit now.

The only show that never faltered for me was Deadwood. I'll never understand why HBO killed that show. It was not only the best overall series I've ever watched, but one of the first which was able to keep my attention for its entire run.

I'm just watching the series for the first time, I found them online. I'm liking "Hell on Wheels" and was looking for something to tie me over between episodes and I remembered hearing about Deadwood but not having HBO. I'm only to episode 7 of the first season, pretty interesting.

I think that was more or less the point. The series was supposed to end with Wild Bill's Murder at the Number 8, but people clamored for more. I think the remainder of the series was great, but had it run much longer (and I think another season would have been "much longer") I think it would have become a soap opera like Oz did in its 467th Season (or whatever it was). I think they wanted it to die a James Dean rather than a Marlon Brando.

Anyone else think last night's episode was a throw-away?

Also, did anyone else see Shane and Andrea get into a car together and think "I really hope the brakes fail."

The wise old grampa is too moronic for belief, to believe that he can keep loved ones alive and feed them live chickens as they rot is a little much for me to believe.

Also Rick's wife's whining and depression is getting old. The only hope for human survival is children, and she wants to abort one.....maybe the only one on earth?

Other than that it was cool.

I liked the house search and the burned corpses....

I really hope the zombies break out of the barn and kill half of the survivors. Especially the old man and Dale.

I cannot tell you just how little I care about the love triangle. Not an iota. Not a cintilla. I think pretty much everyone with the exception of Glenn should be doing more survivin' and zombie killin' than worrying about their tingly bits and the repercussions thereof.

I like Dale too..he's a bit dumb sometimes but perceptive and caring for the group. I can't stand Andrea or Lori though and I was so relieved to find she wasn't pregnant with Shane's baby. I read that the old writers are no longer working on the show, so that explains the lack of action. Hope the mid-season finale picks up or they find Sofia already and move on!

I finished season 1 on netflix but from what I've read here, it seems like I've already seen the best parts.

I finished season 1 on netflix but from what I've read here, it seems like I've already seen the best parts.

Season 1 was good but it seems they are running out of cast members to eat. Seems like it has turned into more of a drama than a zombie flick :(

The wife and I watched the first episode last week. Pretty good, haven't watched any more yet though. Pretty intense. We both really get into shows. We're more for relaxing when it's that time of the evening to turn the TV on.

+1 for Breaking Bad. That show is awesome. Walking Dead is pretty intense too, but so far for season 2 it seems as if they release an epic episode followed by a boring one, and so on.

Anyone else think last night's episode was a throw-away?

Also, did anyone else see Shane and Andrea get into a car together and think "I really hope the brakes fail."

LOL, when they got to the subdivision and the zombies started showing up, I told my wife that I hoped Shane pulled an Otis on Andrea, and then got bitten himself in his attempt to escape.

I like Darryl and Glenn still. Dale can be nosy sometimes, but he at least has some common sense and doesn't seem to be in it to pursue any personal gain. I like Lori less with each episode, and I never liked her much to begin with. Griping at Rick about keeping secrets while holding out on a bigger one herself?! Hypocrite. Why can't the writers add a major female character that isn't half-crazy? /rant

I am so hoping that Rick tells his whore wife that Shane told him about their dalliances before she did and that's how he knew. It would be awesome to see Shane vindicated leaving the whore looking like crap. My wife and I absolutely hate her.

Funny story. SWMBO, who doesnt watch the show, knows about the love triangle, because it seemed like the sort of thing to bring up a few months before our wedding. Sunday night when the show was over I said to her "just so you know... if you ever think Im dead, I dont want you to feel guilty if..."... let me just point out that Johnny Walker and I had been chatting previously, so I wasnt firing on all cylinders. She cut me off... "James, if you finish that sentence I swear to god Im going to punch you in the nuts."

SWMBO is usually so sweet. That character is impacting my life now. Hate her.

Hehe no thats Maggie, and there's no surprise there. I'm talking about Sophia's mom, the one whose husband used to bounce her around.

She's actually not bad looking at all. They make her look much more haggard and old than she really is. In this last episode that tank top she was wearing did her some justice.

That said, they need to give up on the kid, even though I know they are obviously going to find her eventually.

Y'know, now that I think of it, the almost entirely unnecessary bottled water of today would suddenly be like finding gold in this world. I know they found leisure time bottles on that truck on the highway, but I dont think it would be THAT much of a stretch for sophia to find a gallon of Great Bear in someone's basement, right next to the sardines.

Every time I have work the next day, like after thanksgiving (dammit;)) I find myself expecting that TWD is coming on, and then I am disapointed that it isn't.

No matter how I joke, I want the next episode NOW.

Figures after 5 lethargic episodes this is the best episode in a long time, it's the mid season finale and no new episodes til Feb... Grrrrr. But a great freakin ending

Yeah, just when you thought it was dragging too far and getting old........

THEY TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!

Freaking awesome. NO ONE saw that coming.

Back