The Official HBT "KFC Double-Down" review thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFC Double-Down

• Epic

• Meh

• Okay

• Serious - bacon sandwich with fried chicken as "bread"

Results are only viewable after voting.
I tried one a few weeks ago and it was not very good. I figured based on the commercials it had to be epic. What's better than fried chicken, bacon, cheese, and sauce? Sadly, it was expensive and the chicken was small, not all that crispy, the bacon was flaccid, and cheese hardly melted.

I won't be buying another one. Maybe if it was $3 and if the chicken was actually crispy I would.

Sounds ridiculously disgusting. Having said that, I think I'm in the mood for a McD's grilled chicken ranch blt.

Anyone hear that KFC is donating a portion of the proceeds from each bucket of chicken to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure?

Sounds an awful lot like buying carbon credits if you ask me.

anyone else find it ironic that I post this outside of TapRoom and it's all TapRoom regulars that have posted? :D

I have no idea what this is, but since it's KFC, I'm not driving out of my way to find out.

I have no idea what this is, but since it's KFC, I'm not driving out of my way to find out.

041510_1.jpg

No joke... this is one of the best "sandwiches" I've ever had. It really does taste good and isn't too horribly bad for you.

No joke... this is one of the best "sandwiches" I've ever had. It really does taste good and isn't too horribly bad for you.

in relation to what? 1/2 the daily total fat intake 1/2 of the saturated fat 1/2 the sodium and the same for cholesterol from a 8.5 oz sandwich with no sides .

I don't understand the reaction to this. conceptually it is no different than chicken cordon Bleu.

Like the idea, but haven't actually purchased one yet. Probably better if I just make my own. Then I can slide a buffalo burger in the middle and make it really worth while.

its like 550 calories... it is the WORST fastfood thing you can buy...

not really....

KFC Double Down: 540 Cals with 32 grams of fat.
McDonalds Angus Burger with Bacon and cheese: 790 Cals with 39 grams of fat.
BK's Whopper with bacon and cheese: 770 Cals with 48 grams of fat.

its like 550 calories... it is the WORST fastfood thing you can buy...
A regular Beef and Cheddar from Arby's is 440 and doesn't come close to filling me so I might also eat an order of large curly fries with it which brings the grand total of that meal (assuming I drink water, which is likely) to 1070 calories. OR I can eat a Double Down (550) and a side of mashed potatoes and gravy (150) for a grand total of 700 calories.

I don't eat at McD's, BK or Wendy's so I didn't choose any of those, this is a realistic comparison of something I might eat. Not a hard choice.

Not sure I could get over the whole 'chicken breast as a bun' thing. But, I did try the Wendy's Bacon & Blue (cheese) burger today. 'Twas awesome! A bit pricey, $7 and change for the combo but good nonetheless...

Not sure I could get over the whole 'chicken breast as a bun' thing. But, I did try the Wendy's Bacon & Blue (cheese) burger today. 'Twas awesome! A bit pricey, $7 and change for the combo but good nonetheless...

which was only 680 calories and 40 grams of fat...................just for the burger :D

I knew somebody would say something about that! I'm sure that's why it tasted so good... :ban:

oh I wasn't knocking the taste....

I was just making the point that most people say "nasty, a fried chicken bun with bacon!" I'll stick with my healthy double quarter pounder with cheese, large sized meal with a 64 oz Dr. Pepper :D

Tried them both. Fried- two pieces of chicken slightly larger than my palm, crispy, cheese hot and running out of all sides of the chicken, bacon not crispy but thoroughly cooked= great and filling.
Grilled- small chicken, without the breading allowed the cheese to all run out into the bag, bacon same but pulled out during eating for same reasons as the cheese= not worth the price considering it would take two to fill me up and I want the cheese with the chicken not as a second dish. Winner- fried.

Complete waste. It was gross. Soggy fried chicken with 2 tiny tiny tiny pieces of limp bacon. Looked like they shaved it straight from AZ's member. :p

And AZ, where is the "epic" let down option in your poll?

Back